Why become a member? ×

G&L L5500 1996 USA £550.00 - *SOLD*
£550
Lichfield, Staffs UK

G&L L5500 USA from 1996, I'm the 2nd owner; I bought this off Graham 1945 almost 7 years ago to the day!

Fantastic sounding bass that I've done several hundred gigs with as it was my main bass until I switched to short scales around a year ago, in hindsight I've come out of the pandemic doing different material than previous so sadly it's in it's case. 

The price is firm: it reflects the goodwill in which it was sold to me as the bass had been resprayed ( the respray flaked and came off with T-cut!), also it's an idiosyncratic (but brilliant) bass that wouldn't be easy to flip as it's around 11lbs and has a really thick neck that I actually think contributes to the solid B string and great sound. To add, as I've had courier disputes previously, I won't post it.  

Included is the original EMG40DC from the bridge position, it currently has a 40J there that I think improves the sound making it sound more like a souped up Jazz bass. The original stock EMG knobs are included and the preamp as stock is an EMG BTC.

Hopefully the pics upload, I'm trying to gauge interest really and can sort more pics by PM. It's by no means pristine but it's always been praised by bandmates and sound engineers.

Thanks for viewing,

Martin

20230210_094022.jpg

20230210_094138.jpg

20230210_094044.jpg

Edited by The fasting showman
  • Like 7

• The fasting showman changed the title to G&L L5500 1996 USA £550.00 Now Sold, many thanks