Why become a member? ×

Boss LMB3

BassAdder60

Does anyone else hear a click / artefact when big notes hit the LMB threshold?

I used to get that when digging in on hot passive pickups, but I’m now wondering if I’m imagining it! I do love all other aspects of these pedals.

27 minutes ago, funkydoug said:

Does anyone else hear a click / artefact when big notes hit the LMB threshold?

I used to get that when digging in on hot passive pickups, but I’m now wondering if I’m imagining it! I do love all other aspects of these pedals.

No, I don't get that issue but I seem to think I've read somewhere of others having the same problem. My basses are all passive too but none have an excessively high output. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Rob R said:

Hello, I got my lmb-3 out after reading all the good reviews, but my enhance knob doesn’t do anything. No change at all. 
am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Having seen this thread brought back from slumber I brought mine out of the cupboard and put it through it’s paces. The enhance knob does make a difference but I keep it off.  I had forgotten how good this pedal is, and it’s very quiet, no hiss.  I never used it with a Stingray before but it sounds pretty good.  I’ll keep it on the board in place of the Ampeg OptoComp, which I really like, for the next gig and see how it goes. 

18 hours ago, Rob R said:

Hello, I got my lmb-3 out after reading all the good reviews, but my enhance knob doesn’t do anything. No change at all. 
am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

All it seemed to enhance for me was hiss and perhaps a bit of 'clank'. I just kept it fully off. Perhaps you have no hiss in your signal chain for it to 'enhance', or your Amp/Cab isn't reproducing that frequency, (or your high frequency hearing has gone!)

9 minutes ago, SumOne said:

All it seemed to enhance for me was hiss and perhaps a bit of 'clank'. I just kept it fully off. Perhaps you have no hiss in your signal chain for it to 'enhance', or your Amp/Cab isn't reproducing that frequency, (or your high frequency hearing has gone!)

I’ll ask the wife if she can hear it, she has bat ears. 

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

I had one and it had a tiny but annoying high pitched whine whenever it was on so I sent it back.

I was very annoyed as I loved the overall effect.

Do they all have that? I had read a few comments on websites about it.

Not in my experience. It was a good solid reliable quiet effect that did its job. I don't use it anymore mind you, I'm straight in these days.

Rob

• Like 1