Why become a member? ×

Cheap vs expensive fuzz

0175westwood29

Well, I don't like Big Muff on bass, I think they pretty much without exception turn everything into an undefined inarticulate mid scooped mud fest.

That said they both sounded equally horrible, sure if I got either of them for free I would take it, but I would never spend as much a 1c on any of them personally, admittedly though I do like how Ram Head style Muffs sound with guitar a lot.

But trying to be completely objective I do think you came to the absolute right conclusion, it's not like one of these Green Russian Muff clones sounds better over the other, but I do think, judging from the settings that you demo, that they both have settings where they respectively shine in particular, that is certain settings where one sound better than the other.

But, yeah, if someone asked me to pick the one that overall sounded the best it really could be either one, impossible to chose. 

In any case keep up the good work, you do some excellent pedal demos! :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Well, I don't like Big Muff on bass, I think they pretty much without exception turn everything into an undefined inarticulate mid scooped mud fest.

That said they both sounded equally horrible, sure if I got either of them for free I would take it, but I would never spend as much a 1c on any of them personally, admittedly though I do like how Ram Head style Muffs sound with guitar a lot.

But trying to be completely objective I do think you came to the absolute right conclusion, it's not like one of these Green Russian Muff clones sounds better over the other, but I do think, judging from the settings that you demo, that they both have settings where they respectively shine in particular, that is certain settings where one sound better than the other.

But, yeah, if someone asked me to pick the one that overall sounded the best it really could be either one, impossible to chose. 

In any case keep up the good work, you do some excellent pedal demos! :i-m_so_happy:

Thanks man 

I might do another one with octaves possibly 

• Like 1