Why become a member? ×

I HATE TECHNOLOGY!!

TheGreek

2 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Top stuff. They really make a difference.

The neck pickup corner looks like it is over/against the control panel edge - is that just the angle or does it need a little file?

Optical illusion. 

When I was younger we used to have to pay shady people a fiver to experience those.  🤭🤫

• Haha 1

Just now, Owen said:

I discussed this elsewhere on the site, but here it is again. I cannot say I am not tempted. https://blog.prusa3d.com/the-prusacaster-how-to-design-and-3d-print-an-electric-guitar_71962/

I've looked at that and thought Mmmmm..... My problem is I get easily distracted by new shiny blingy things, or just anything really.  I have a search on eBay at the moment for the parts for this, basically a decent neck and the rest I'll wing it. A reasonable bridge, and some cheap pickups.  The article used a Harley Benton as a doner kit of parts. No idea if they are any good.

It's pretty simple to print, thought it will take some time. At the end of the day though, are you going to have a better than £250 Telecaster? It will be different which is always good, but better than a basic Squier?

Anyway we're going off topic.

Rob

18 minutes ago, rwillett said:

I've looked at that and thought Mmmmm..... My problem is I get easily distracted by new shiny blingy things, or just anything really.  I have a search on eBay at the moment for the parts for this, basically a decent neck and the rest I'll wing it. A reasonable bridge, and some cheap pickups.  The article used a Harley Benton as a doner kit of parts. No idea if they are any good.

It's pretty simple to print, thought it will take some time. At the end of the day though, are you going to have a better than £250 Telecaster? It will be different which is always good, but better than a basic Squier?

Anyway we're going off topic.

Rob

Off topic is the best thing! Will it be as good as a basic Squier? Does a Squier have a bright orange honeycomb body part? No. No, it does not. I read about someone in the US making one with a non HB kit and they had to make quite a few small detail adjustments. If you do make one I will totally need to see it. 

Just had a quick look at printing it, this one piece is a day.

image.png.6822ca724a9062b55b43752650bdeb2e.png

This is nearly three days to print. Took me 30 mins simply to get it to fit. This piece is approx 750g, so around £15 of a reasomable PETG or PLA filament.

image.png.4c13b497c74662b9bb584b55fe1539d9.png

Will look, but its a lot of printing.

Rob

32 minutes ago, rwillett said:

Just had a quick look at printing it, this one piece is a day.

image.png.6822ca724a9062b55b43752650bdeb2e.png

This is nearly three days to print. Took me 30 mins simply to get it to fit. This piece is approx 750g, so around £15 of a reasomable PETG or PLA filament.

image.png.4c13b497c74662b9bb584b55fe1539d9.png

Will look, but its a lot of printing.

Rob

The second piece has a very high infill and lots of perimeters which presumably why it would take so long to print. TBH it seems more like a "because I can" than "because it's a good idea" project. You could drill honeycomb holes in a piece of wood in much less than four days if it was the look you were after.