Why become a member? ×

Gruv Gear duo strap and dual straps

Paolo85

I bought a GruvGear duo strap about a month ago here in the classfields... why aren't dual strap more of a thing? Why it seems GruvGear and a very basic one from D'Addario are the only options? I see people moving to short scale basses for weigh reasons, I see people, including me, only buying light basses and doing mods to reduce weigh. Well, these straps work great for all that!

...I mean, I get why the GruvGear is not that popular: it's weird, looks ugly, it's too short, and keeps the bass in a weird position. That's why I think more conpanies should jump in and offer alternatives.

GruvGear says you should wrap the bass around the bass'horn as per the doctor picture
On top of looking ugly, it contributes to making the strap too short. Also, your bass ends up being pulled toward your right. An interesting position because it's identical to when you play sitting down, but looks and feels odd when standing up. I just attached the second strap straight to the strap lock. Looks comparatively better, leaves the strap a bit longer, and allows to keep the bass where it would be with a normal strap.

I also created the option to extend the strap further with an old belt and some rivets.

As things stand, I am quite happy with it. I like to practice standing up most of the time and it makes a massive difference. Another plus is that the bass stays still, exactly where you put it, more than with any other strap I have tried

image.png

image.png

20230613_205031.jpg

Edited by Paolo85