Why become a member? ×

I said I wasn't going to buy another bass

Delberthot

I am very, very happy with my Gold Warmoth but I saw a bass on Gumtree and decided that I had to have it.

After selling my 1973 Fender Telecaster bass parts to Beedster, I've been hankering for another one but didn't want to part with the requisite clams for something that I would only use on a few songs or maybe just keep in the living room for learning new songs.

After a good clean and a new set of Hartke strings, I must say I am impressed with the sound, even although it is just through my Trace TVT9 guitar combo. I've also lowered the pickup so that it is flush with the scratchplate to calm it down a bit.

It has given me an idea about a possible future project to make myself a Billy Sheehan type bass with the mudbucker and either split or single coil P pickup. Obviously a lot of deciding and playing to go before I get to that stage.

If any Yamaha Attitude players are reading this, what are they actually like to play? I haven't managed to get close to one yet and may decide to get one when the time comes rather than having one built.

Here are a couple of pics

As far as I know its veneer front and back with basswood main section. Keeps the cost down I suppose.

Yes, another option would be to find a P that I really liked and have the humbucker installed. Obivously not worth it on this bass cos the pickup would probably be more than I paid for this, let alone the work involved routing