Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR500 headless conversion!! - *SOLD*
£170
Cheltenham

gafbass02

Ok. So, this is a bit different! 
Bought recently to see if I liked headless. Which I do. So I’ve since bought an EHB, and this is now taking up space in the rack. 

Dunno if the work was done by someone on here, but it’s a cracking job! Apparently it lost its head unceremoniously. The thing plays great with a nice low action. All the electronics are standard (older model) SR500, with no issues or drama. 
It’s currently wearing a brand new set of light strings with a 100 E. 
The weight is around 8lbs, about 7.5 of which is the bridge! 😂 (hence I’ve added a second lower strap button on the bottom a la status - this works great.)

There’s a custom fabricated shim plate in the neck joint to compensate for the larger bridge and it’s just a total blast to play. A real slap monster :)

Strictly collection only from Cheltenham. - I really do have no time or facility to post I’m afraid. 

£170 collected ONO
Im not that fussed about selling, it’s a fun thing to have around, it’s just not getting used at all. Please do study the pics carefully. 

IMG_8038.jpeg

IMG_8039.jpeg

IMG_8040.jpeg

IMG_8041.jpeg

IMG_8042.jpeg

IMG_8043.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

IMG_8047.jpeg

IMG_8048.jpeg

IMG_8049.jpeg

IMG_8044.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 12

I do like that a lot, looks like a very well-done conversion.

Would be seriously interested if I didn't have both an SR500 and a wilfully decapitated bass already. And if you weren't 400-odd miles away...

GLWTS!

• Like 1

• gafbass02 changed the title to Ibanez SR500 headless conversion!! Sold