Why become a member? ×

LFSys Monza

bussonetthebass

19 hours ago, Mickyk said:

Hi Phil.It's the trend towards older people in their 40s 50s and 60s even that go to these Old school disco's which start in the late afternoon and finish early so they can get tucked up in bed by 10pm😁....https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/discos-for-grown-ups-pop-up-70s-80s-and-90s-disco-party-nottingham-tickets-873178980837

Bournemouth are doing one.😊 Whoopee do i'm in the category.

Ha, I'd be the oldest person there but it looks like a whole lot of fun. I was a DJ in the 70's and still have around 6,000 singles stacked away somewhere. I'll have to look out for Discos-for-wrinklies :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/07/2024 at 23:53, Mickyk said:

Ordered a Monza today,i am hoping it's gonna do the business with the new party disco type band we seem to be getting more call for recently.Personally i think it is down to the Discos for grown ups scene  that seems to be doing a lot of trade recently around the Nottingham,Derby, Leicester area anyway i am looking forward to finding out what all the fuss is about.

Great speaker. I am really pleased with mine. I have done a few gigs just using it and my Blackstar U700 head (250 watts @8ohms). More than adequate on its own and really reflects the range of tones the U700 can give.

I have also tried it sitting on top of my BF Two10S at an open air gig. Phenomenal combination, if you have an amp that can handle the combined 2.7ohm load (U700 can). I’m still toying with the idea of getting a second Monza and moving the Two10 on though. I think two would sound even better.

• Like 3

I've just acquired one through @GILLY , an all-round splendid chap. I'm mainly going to use it with double bass (Krivo through an EA Doubler), but I just gave it a quick burst of fretless through my Walkabout Scout and it sounds fantastic, really sings on the upper registers. Looking forward to giving it a first gig on Saturday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BassAdder60 said:

One of the benefits of these cabs ( I have the Monaco ) is the dispersion of sound and how well you can hear the cab even though it’s a smaller cab 

Very impressive cabs 

Yes the only problem with the wide dispersion and being able to hear yourself more clearly is that you may think you are too loud. The first time I used mine I was told to turn up during soundcheck.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

You may or may not know that I had a Monaco, the 12"  version for a while and as I am getting a bit older and mor feeble and traded it for the lighter 10" Monza. The smaller size  also makes it easier to load the car when I have the full PA loaded. I knew that I would sacrifice a small amount but as I never pushed them too hard. I did not worry.

Yesterday we played The Greyhound in Blandford, Dorset. It was an open air gig and we usually play there twice each summer. However this was the first time I used the Monza there. I knew I would have to turn up the volume and I expected to have to tweak the low end a bit. I started to play and turned up and this lovely sound come out with plenty of usable low end came out. I had the feeling that it would have taken much more without breaking a sweat. I  use it with my Bugera Veyron, and amp that gets seriously loud. However I am sure that the Monza would handle everything I could through at it.

I am not on commission although I do get a nice cup of coffee when I drop in to LFSys World HQ in Casterbridge. Suffice to say that the Monza is a Hardy cabinet and it will not let you down.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Every time i play through mine they seem to sound better and better and I smile more and more…do speakers’bed in’ and loosen up?? I don’t know but these little buggers keep producing the right results for me x😊

• Like 5

I received my Monza cab the other day after a short wait of only 3 weeks ,I am very impressed with the Cab and it pairs very well with my Ashdown RM 500 Evo II.

So looking to forward to giving it a run out in our Party /Disco act which is slowly coming to fruition.

Thanks Stephen for the great communication. 

Here she is taking pride of place in my LR for now.

LFSysMonzaCab.thumb.jpg.edf765d9e308d9ad561eee8ea24b5da1.jpg

Edited by Mickyk
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Well it does show that you can’t tell the difference between Monaco and Monza in a pic, unless you see them side by side. Good looking cabs IMO and in this case, you can judge the book by its cover.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Obrienp said:

Well it does show that you can’t tell the difference between Monaco and Monza in a pic, unless you see them side by side. Good looking cabs IMO and in this case, you can judge the book by its cover.

Just try taking mine away…….

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

My new Monza was delivered just over a week ago. Having put it through its paces coupled with the Mesa WD800, I'm pretty sure it is a keeper. Hasn't been gigged yet but will definitely be more than loud enough for what I need.

A big shout out to Stephen for his prompt and courteous service. 👍

Ian

• Like 4