Why become a member? ×

Stylish scratchplate shapes

OldGit

[quote name='Kongo' post='483836' date='May 9 2009, 04:51 PM']Has anyone here made and fit a scratcplate to a bass that doesn't have one?
I'm interested in doing this. I think Scratchplates add that bit of contrast to a bass.[/quote]

I made and fitted one to a guitar ..

I'm responsible for the knobs too :)

[quote name='Paul_C' post='483911' date='May 9 2009, 06:39 PM']I made and fitted one to a guitar ..

I'm responsible for the knobs too :)[/quote]

that's a wheely nice job :rolleyes:

I wonder if scratchplates could be fitted with magnetic points like cavity covers are these days or if they'd look odd without screws ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='484227' date='May 10 2009, 11:17 AM']that's a wheely nice job :)

I wonder if scratchplates could be fitted with magnetic points like cavity covers are these days or if they'd look odd without screws ...[/quote]

well that one doesn't have screws ..

it was attached with double-sided tape, which is ok if you don't have to take it on and off too often

[quote name='OldGit' post='484227' date='May 10 2009, 11:17 AM']I wonder if scratchplates could be fitted with magnetic points like cavity covers are these days or if they'd look odd without screws ...[/quote]

I had that exact idea a few months ago but as yet I haven't acted upon it. It would be pretty cool, eh?