Why become a member? ×

Orange Terror Bass v2 Price Drop PENDING. - *SOLD*
£960
Fakenham, Norfolk, UK

Obrienp

For sale Orange Terror Bass 500 v2 amplifier head still available with price drop to £380 onoand two Orange OBC112 cabinets with Roqsolid fitted covers. Cabinets now sold.

I’ve agonised about this for a bit but I realise that this rig hasn’t left my studio for over a year. In fact, it has hardly been used. It is just more than I need for the gigs I play with the bands I am in. It doesn’t make sense to have it sitting around unused and gathering dust.

This gear has been kept in an insulated and heated space, so it doesn’t smell musty like it sometimes can if stored in a garage. The Terror Bass amp is in near immaculate condition. It has been gigged about half a dozen times and I can’t find any dings or scratches on it. On close inspection, I can see a couple of small marks where it looks like the paint has been rubbed a bit in the gig bag or wasn’t applied evenly in manufacture. It works perfectly and I replaced the valves with tested JJs last year. I used the Mid Gain variant (ECC83 MG) for the main preamp valve. This provides a focused mid boost, plus better detail and headroom, at the expense of out and out gain. I prefer a warm clean valve sound to a distorted one. I have a spare JJ Ecc83 MG to throw in with the amp. The amp will come with original power lead, gig bag and manual.

The specs for the Terror amp can be found here on the Orange website: https://orangeamps.com/products/bass-guitar-amps/terror-bass/. Essentially it has a valve preamp and class D power amp rated at 500 watts @ 4 ohms and 250 @ 8 ohms. According to Orange it sounds close to their flagship all valve AD200. It has a clean switch that reduces the overall gain in favour of that nice warm, fat valve amp sound, or you can go full on high gain. There is a valve driven effects loop and DI with ground lift.

Terror Bass amplifier: £450 £380 ono still available.

You are very welcome to try the amp out in Fakenham, Norfolk. Collection is preferred but I will drive to meet or deliver within a reasonable distance of Fakenham. I have the original box, so can send by courier at buyer’s expense.

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0690.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg

Edited by Obrienp
Photos failed to upload properly
  • Like 2

• Obrienp changed the title to Orange Terror Bass v2 Price Drop SOLD.