Why become a member? ×

Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie with (broken) mid switch

lemmywinks

Hi all

I'm selling my Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie. It's the one with the mid switch but not the "B" version. Still sounds great with bass though

With the Mid switch mod they're $190, not including shipping which is $10. However the mid switch on mine is stuck in one position. Don't know how this happened, it's been in storage for a few weeks, i got it out to compare it with another pedal and the switch won't move!

The pedal still works but i guess it needs a new switch. I have taken some photos of the inside.

Don't know if it's a common part but here's a brief description of the switch:

It's a 2 way unit with 3 contacts (only 2 are used)
On one side it says MTS - 1 (or "I")
On the other side it says 6A 125VAC tthen 3A 250VAC

That's about as techy as i get i'm afraid!

I'm thinking £55 posted?

Obviously if you get it and it's totally buggered then ya can have a refund, it's completely working apart from the switch AFAIK, sound fair?

Please no Paypal, cheque is fine. Don't want to give them any money if i can help it!

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='El_JimBob' post='481442' date='May 6 2009, 09:39 PM']That looks like a standard toggle switch to me - should be no probs picking one up from Maplins or somewhere similar. A pretty easy fix i reckon....[/quote]

If anyone's planning to do this repair: Don't dawdle making your solder joints. Too much heat destroys those little SPDT switches quite quickly.

I loved my old Pickle Pie B. Great Muff-a-like and super compact.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump, just remembered i still have this!
Wren & Cuff messaged me to offer me either free repair or the part (which hasn't turned up yet) so i'm sure if you message them about it they'll send you the switch. Their customer service seems to be excellent

Again if you still want it Joe then give me a shout