Why become a member? ×

GLASTONBURY 24

taunton-hobbit

47 minutes ago, meterman said:

Was that the one where Traffic played as well? I’d have paid to get into that for them and Gong alone ❤️ All the rest would have been a bonus to say the least!

They may well have played there , but not on the album . 
There is a documentary about that gig somewhere apparently . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

I'd put a reserve on The Edgar Broughton Band, if I were you. They were omnipresent 'back then'; one wonders why. Happy, heady daze, but best without them, for my money. :friends:

I liked the track on the album at the time . " out demons out" .  Don't know anything else about them .

How bad were they ?😬

59 minutes ago, meterman said:

Was that the one where Traffic played as well? I’d have jumped over the fence and ran across the field to get into that for them and Gong alone ❤️ All the rest would have been a bonus to say the least!

Fixed

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yep, same here. My festival days are well and truly over.

I think my last big one was V in Chelmsford, so some time ago.

I just cannot be ar$ed doing battle to get a halfway decent view and then giving it up to go for a two mile trek for a p!$$.

We're old enough to just do it in our pants now.  It's expected.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

I liked the track on the album at the time . " out demons out" .  Don't know anything else about them .

How bad were they ?😬

There’s a track called “There’s No Vibration, But Wait” that I was quite partial to many decades ago. But apart from “Out Demons Out” my memory seems to have blanked them out completely. 

To be fair, my memory has blanked a lot of things out as I get older 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Glastonbury related: Does anyone else remember the Scouse kids selling fake blotter acid made out of cut-up bits of cereal packets in the 80s or 90s? 

Never fell for it myself but thinking back, they could have pocketed some decent cash 💰 

• Haha 1

So far watching on TV I’ve seen Dua Lipa ( really good), Paul Heaton ( great tunes but rather

flakey vocals) and Sugarbabes ( excellent vocals and band). Few acts this year interesting 

me but going to catch as many as I can and hopefully some may impress. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, meterman said:

There’s a track called “There’s No Vibration, But Wait” that I was quite partial to many decades ago. But apart from “Out Demons Out” my memory seems to have blanked them out completely.

Mine too, and that's after having supported them. I remember the Strawbs much better, and we supported them at the same venue a few weeks before.

• Like 2

Enjoyed Squid... But not Dua Lipa's pop-dance-fest. I always find it a bit worrying when there's more (choreographed) dancers on stage than musicians - it's no longer about the music, if it ever was!

Idles always great too. Shall peruse more when relaxing with a nice Penderyn after my gig tonight.

7 hours ago, casapete said:

Sugarbabes ( excellent vocals and band).

You must have seen a different sugarbabes lineup to the “highlights” I saw on BBC. The first thing I noticed was how bad the vocals were. On one song the key was too low for the vocal line so it was sung slightly sharp!

We went to Glastonbury once.

It was a deeply frustrating experience, we hated it and left.

The festival wasn't on at the time. 

I can only imagine it to be like a special eighth circle of Hell when it is.

18 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

You must have seen a different sugarbabes lineup to the “highlights” I saw on BBC. The first thing I noticed was how bad the vocals were. On one song the key was too low for the vocal line so it was sung slightly sharp!

I saw a bit of them. Bland, lifeless and lower and slower than the original versions. I don't think any of them sang on the original recording. The band were doing a decent job.

48 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

He was swapping about like The Edge

I missed all that!

I used to think Dev wasn't much good as a bassist, he never plays anything particularly interesting. With everything else going on, his metronome like timing and simple root notes are exactly what the songs need.