Why become a member? ×

GLASTONBURY 24

taunton-hobbit

3 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Coldplay 

insane production quality. If you said I was listening to a CS I would believe you, I kinda don’t know if I believe much of it is actually being played live!

The string section on Viva la Vida looked like a prop to me - no pickups or mics visible that I could see.

7 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

The string section on Viva la Vida looked like a prop to me - no pickups or mics visible that I could see.

There were on the bridges (I was looking) - and the horns just had a few duff notes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Cindy Lauper On now and it sounds all out of time and tune, dreadful 

Especially, 'Time Out Of Time'.

I like Cyndi Lauper (or have liked in the past), but that performance was quite a car crash in places.

Shame really.

:$

• Like 1

2 hours ago, casapete said:

Shame about Cyndi Lauper, and her band were so good too. 
Tried watching The Idles, just not my kind of thing.

Not bothering with Coldplay, but Jessie Ware on now and very groovy.

Not my usual taste, but Jessie Ware was fabulous. 

9 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

There were on the bridges (I was looking) - and the horns just had a few duff notes

So did Coldplay on keys a few times. I found the first half of the set incredibly rushed. It wasn’t the usual slick performance that they put out and on tour they have big name special guests so it’s disappointing they didn’t have someone for Glastonbury. Maybe theyve headlined it so many times they’ve run out of ideas….

7 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

So did Coldplay on keys a few times. I found the first half of the set incredibly rushed. It wasn’t the usual slick performance that they put out and on tour they have big name special guests so it’s disappointing they didn’t have someone for Glastonbury. Maybe theyve headlined it so many times they’ve run out of ideas….

They had Little Simz, Fema Kuti, Laura Mvula and Michael J Fox, plus Burna Boy and JTS virtually 

23 minutes ago, mep said:

Shania Twain. I can hear bass but can't see anyone playing it. Doesn't look like the keys player is playing the bass line.

Especially on this song where he’s nowhere near the keyboards. 

Is the bass a backing track? If so why? Running out of options. Unless the bass player is hidden beneath the huge riser.

Edited by mep

2 minutes ago, mep said:

Is the bass a backing track? If so why? Running out of options. Unless the bass player is hidden beneath the huge riser.

I reckon it is, along with BV’s too. 😆

2 minutes ago, mep said:

Is the bass a backing track? Running out of options. Unless the bass player is hidden beneath the huge riser.

Looks like bass and keys are tracked with a little bit of live keys now and then.

4 minutes ago, mep said:

All very strange. Is this the setup for all her gigs? Never seen any live footage of her until today. 

Me neither. I’m quite surprised how her voice is in such a low register, and she seems to be

struggling when things go up higher - the last tune ‘From this moment’ also seemed like it

was being mimed too? 

13 minutes ago, casapete said:

Me neither. I’m quite surprised how her voice is in such a low register, and she seems to be

struggling when things go up higher - the last tune ‘From this moment’ also seemed like it

was being mimed too? 

She completely lost her voice for a long time after getting lyme disease from a tick bite many years ago, and spent a long time learning to sing again. I guess it is how it was left. At least I thought that unlike other gigs, at least she left the high stuff to the backing singers, and did a low harmony.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mep said:

Her bass player is Derek Frank, who also plays for Gwen Stefani. Maybe his visa wasn't approved!

Or maybe his wireless kit is just turbo powered and he’s playing from home?

• Haha 2

Just got back from playing for the second year in a row. Its bloody knackering but a lot of fun. Did two shows this year, one at midnight on Friday night and the other at 12:30pm the following day, with two hours of poor sleep between.

For me it's a weird one as I never had the desire to go or play but it is a lot of fun and a lot or cool stuff happening every day. I could not do it as a punter though, I like the comforts of being an artist there 😂

As last year, I saw hardly any bands again. This year I watched almost the entire D:ream set of all things (mainly because I was having a lay down at the Glade) and The Breeders, which was a bit more my thing despite only knowing two songs I thought they were great and gave a very honest performance.

I did spend twenty minutes watching a crowd of people dancing around a metal bug on a tank with Happy Hardcore DJs, feeling quite perplexed that of all the things they could do there, they choose that. Each to their own I guess! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mep said:

Shania Twain. I can hear bass but can't see anyone playing it. Doesn't look like the keys player is playing the bass line.

15 hours ago, casapete said:

Especially on this song where he’s nowhere near the keyboards. 

15 hours ago, mep said:

15 hours ago, casapete said:

I reckon it is, along with BV’s too. 😆

15 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

Looks like bass and keys are tracked with a little bit of live keys now and then.

14 hours ago, mep said:

Her bass player is Derek Frank, who also plays for Gwen Stefani. Maybe his visa wasn't approved!

14 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Or maybe his wireless kit is just turbo powered and he’s playing from home?

Lads, lads, laaads, you’re all missing the point. It‘s a bass player, of course they‘re invisible.

• Haha 2