Why become a member? ×

Good cheap price bass gig bag.

soulstar89

23 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

My bag has finally almost died with the zips, had it for many years. Does the TGI bag have room for an iPad?

Ideally I want a bag that can hold a bass, an iPad, two wireless adapters, a spare battery, a multitool and an iPad holder (which is actually quite flat.

What sounds best for that?

The front pocket on the TGI is quite large but pretty flat, just measured the depth and it can take items around 3cm thick. Depends on the dimensions of your tablet holder really, mine is quite bulky so I just leave it premanently attached to my bass stand.

The best gigbag for storage would be the Gator Pro Go which has a very spacious front pocket with a padded compartment for a tablet or small laptop. Also has a large pocket in front of the headstock, can get my Fishman DI and my IEM pack in here. More rigid than the TGI with much better padding, also more than twice the price though.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2023 at 15:00, Paul S said:

I'd be looking for a TGI Extreme, generally around £50.

I have one for my Fender Aerodyne and I also recommend it. I did buy the lower price TGI for my Sire but but it was not worth the saving.

9 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

My bag has finally almost died with the zips, had it for many years. Does the TGI bag have room for an iPad?

Ideally I want a bag that can hold a bass, an iPad, two wireless adapters, a spare battery, a multitool and an iPad holder (which is actually quite flat.

What sounds best for that?

Thomann premium gigbag - bought a bass-sized one a month or so ago to replace a rather inadequate Rockbass gigbag, after having had a guitar-sized one for quite a few years for a headless bass (as mentioned above, the twin strap buttons eventually wore through it as they were outside the reinforced area).

As mentioned above somewhere, there's a big pocket, a little pocket, and a long thin pocket on it. The biggest pocket happily takes A4 sized paper, the little pocket in front of it takes a fabric strap, and the long thin pocket takes a MS-60B and mains power supply, a capo, some allen keys, and there's still room for a small cuddly toy.

Edited by tauzero
Details of luggage capacity
  • Like 1

I havwe decided to change the cheaper TGI one. Looking at all the better lower cost bags, they all have too many pockets for me. The great thing about the TGI Extreme is that it has one flat pocket and is really quite slim. I value my cuddly toys at home to keep them from the ruffians we play to.

The TGI Transit are cheaper but offer little protection while the TGI Ultimate is up there with the major" brands at £129. I have a Hiscox hard case for those journeys that need more protection.

TGIExtreme.thumb.jpg.6f2339dbd67d705315e77144c9b35f87.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

I havwe decided to change the cheaper TGI one. Looking at all the better lower cost bags, they all have too many pockets for me. The great thing about the TGI Extreme is that it has one flat pocket and is really quite slim. I value my cuddly toys at home to keep them from the ruffians we play to.

The TGI Transit are cheaper but offer little protection while the TGI Ultimate is up there with the major" brands at £129. I have a Hiscox hard case for those journeys that need more protection.

TGIExtreme.thumb.jpg.6f2339dbd67d705315e77144c9b35f87.jpg

Looks like they've taken a retrograde step and gone to a two-piece handle - mine is one-piece, which I far prefer.

20 hours ago, tauzero said:

Looks like they've taken a retrograde step and gone to a two-piece handle - mine is one-piece, which I far prefer.

Totally agree, mine is one piece although the protection it offers for the price, if it is the same. Still make it a good buy.