Why become a member? ×

Boschma 2u Rack Cases

bigjohn

I believe WoT has one. I was impressed by the (lack of) weight when I saw them at last year's LGS, but the looks and added bulk slightly put me off. However I'm looking at the 6U version and lack of size is important for transport. However looking at the current prices of the competition, it'll probably be the one I go for.

I do indeed, and I LOVE it!

They're incredibly well made. Light and tough, and the design is very ergonomic. The added bulk (which isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things) gives them more protection, and the design means it's extremely stable when stood on its side or end.

The wide handle is moulded in as part of the 'chassis', rather than a strap. This means it's as indestructible as the case, and because it's wide it's much more comfortable to carry long distances.

As for the looks.. they're polarising, but I think they look really funky - much better than the generic 'rack case'r'us' design. That's obviously IMHO, though.

In short.. I think they're a design classic. I'll never buy another rack case. :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='482685' date='May 8 2009, 08:26 AM']I do indeed, and I LOVE it!

They're incredibly well made. Light and tough, and the design is very ergonomic. The added bulk (which isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things) gives them more protection, and the design means it's extremely stable when stood on its side or end.

The wide handle is moulded in as part of the 'chassis', rather than a strap. This means it's as indestructible as the case, and because it's wide it's much more comfortable to carry long distances.

As for the looks.. they're polarising, but I think they look really funky - much better than the generic 'rack case'r'us' design. That's obviously IMHO, though.

In short.. I think they're a design classic. I'll never buy another rack case. :)[/quote]

Well... a glowing endorsement if there ever was one!

Have they got a handle on both sides?

Edited by bigjohn

I had one for a bit. was good, but it didnt really do anything that a normal flightcase would do to be honest.im always careful with my kit anyway. they do look cool though.one of the rails was slightly off with mine but it was solid, so i didnt bother sending it back.t