Why become a member? ×

live DB sound

[quote name='The Funk' post='487462' date='May 13 2009, 11:57 PM']I was going to ask what you monitor with onstage while using your mic.[/quote]

I set my usual backline gear up and the feed comes from the Underwood pickup. I still like at least 60% of my sound to come from the back, for me, for the band, for the audience (a bit) then front of house can give a nice bit of middle/top edge to the sound. The band like to hear my sound from the back of the stage (ie, where I stand) and not through the front of stage monitors.

Edited by bassace

[quote name='The Funk' post='487615' date='May 14 2009, 09:51 AM']Ah! So your set-up is Pick-up -> Backline, Mic -> FOH? I'm intrigued now.[/quote]

Yes, but as I said, it is a rare opportunity for me to use FOH. My everyday setup, like most double bassists, is backline from pickup. The further a listener is from the backline the bass increases and the mid/top decreases. So the FOH can redress some of that imbalance.