Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Three10 Teaser: Anybody Know More?

Obrienp

1 hour ago, bassist_lewis said:

Alex has gone and announced they do an extra wide One10 to sit atop the Three10. Guy knows how to sell 😂

Oh shit, that's my last remaining Super Compact up for sale then. So then I'll have a modular 3x10/4x10/1x10 rig. Cheers Alex

Edit: How will the impedance pan out?

Edited by ossyrocks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

Oh shit, that's my last remaining Super Compact up for sale then. So then I'll have a modular 3x10/4x10/1x10 rig. Cheers Alex

I think 8 ohm, plus 4 ohm comes out as 2.something or other. There is a guide to mixing impedance on the BF site. I guess that means you will need an amp that can handle the load. Blackstar U700 head will do it and I know there are others (Bergantino, EDS Reidmar….).

23 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

Nah. You need the Compact for the in between size. You know, the one, slightly rowdy rehearsal with the drummer who gets excited.

You could also get a wild hair on and take up jazz. You can't take a 310 without frightening the locals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

Nah. You need the Compact for the in between size. You know, the one, slightly rowdy rehearsal with the drummer who gets excited.

You could also get a wild hair on and take up jazz. You can't take a 310 without frightening the locals.

You’re right, I was planning on keeping the SC before I ordered the 3x10. This extra 1x10 would only work with my Bergantino, and that amp is for sale. I’m already playing jazz gigs, so I should stick to the plan. The SC will  definitely get used. 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2024 at 10:43, ossyrocks said:

I've just had an email from DPD saying that they are expecting my parcel from Barefaced, and I have a tracking number.

I'm beside myself......

Rob

I can feel the anticipation from here! I’m sure it will be worth the wait👍.

Posted (edited)
On 26/06/2024 at 19:21, bassist_lewis said:

Alex has gone and announced they do an extra wide One10 to sit atop the Three10. Guy knows how to sell 😂

(Not having read the rest of the thread..)

Are the 3x10 going to be 2x10 (8 Ohm) in series themselves in parallel with a 16 Ohm 1x10 all in one box?

That'd give a nominal 8 Ohm impedance, allowing a separate 1x10 (8 Ohm) to be used in parallel as permitted by most amps having a ~4 Ohm minimum load..

Edit- Nope.

3x 12 Ohm drivers for a 4 Ohm cab.

Adding another cabinet isn't happening without another amp to drive it, or something that can stretch down to 2 Ohm loads.

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

12 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

(Not having read the rest of the thread..)

Are the 3x10 going to be 2x10 (8 Ohm) in series themselves in parallel with a 16 Ohm 1x10 all in one box?

That'd give a nominal 8 Ohm impedance, allowing a separate 1x10 (8 Ohm) to be used in parallel as permitted by most amps having a ~4 Ohm minimum load..

Edit- Nope.

3x 12 Ohm drivers for a 4 Ohm cab.

Adding another cabinet isn't happening without another amp to drive it, or something that can stretch down to 2 Ohm loads.

I have no idea about the engineering behind it but it's on their website and they posted a completed one in use on their Instagram page. I'm sure if you email Alex he will explain the science behind it.

Well, what can I say?

I love it.

The Barefaced 10" sound is where it's at for me. Each of these amps sound better to me through this cab than they do through my Super Compact. I like the way they are warm and coloured. It's also very punchy and the bottom end doesn't dominate like it can with the 12"s. I'm very very happy with it. Three gigs to come this month too.

Interestingly it's the first cab I have played the Bergantino through which has made me want to keep it over the others. After the last hour of A/B/C testing, the Bergantino is going on the next gig with me as the main amp. I suppose I had better withdraw it from the classifieds then!

@shug you will love these. It ain't small though, it's the same size as a Super Twin, just not quite as deep. But the wheels and multiple handle options make it quite easy to move around.

Well chuffed,

Rob

IMG_3590.JPEG

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, BassAdder60 said:

How does it sound with the Tecamp and RM800 ? 

Bloody marvelous. It makes all of these amps sound bloody marvelous. To be fair, I could take any of these amps on a gig a smile the whole night.

There's a complexity in the Bergantino I haven't really heard properly until now though, so I'm interested to see how it goes on a gig. It really suits the cab, much more than it did the Super Compact, which I thought made it sound too bright and too deep all at the same time.

Rob

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

Bloody marvelous. It makes all of these amps sound bloody marvelous. To be fair, I could take any of these amps on a gig a smile the whole night.

There's a complexity in the Bergantino I haven't really heard properly until now though, so I'm interested to see how it goes on a gig. It really suits the cab, much more than it did the Super Compact, which I thought made it sound too bright and too deep all at the same time.

Rob

Ah that’s so cool and I agree the 10’s sound amazing! I’ve just ordered a new 6x10 👌 Alex talked me out of the 8x10! I was so close to just buying the 3x10 though after reading the feedback for them. Sounds like you’ve found the cab for you Rob 🤘

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, walshy said:

Ah that’s so cool and I agree the 10’s sound amazing! I’ve just ordered a new 6x10 👌 Alex talked me out of the 8x10! I was so close to just buying the 3x10 though after reading the feedback for them. Sounds like you’ve found the cab for you Rob 🤘

Cheers Paul. @shug has a 6x10, and I've heard it on a gig, it's amazing. But I think he's looking for a second cab for smaller gigs, and it considering a 2 or 3 x10.

58 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

Cheers Paul. @shug has a 6x10, and I've heard it on a gig, it's amazing. But I think he's looking for a second cab for smaller gigs, and it considering a 2 or 3 x10.

Yeah I’ve had a couple and sold them on when not needed but I have a project which is crying out for one. Hopefully my Big Twin 2 will sell to help soften the outlay for the 6x10 😂

9 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

Also see https://barefacedaudio.com/collections/10cr-bass-cabs/products/three10-three10t . The Three10 is 4 ohms, the special wide One10 ("One10W") is 12 ohms, but together they "can still be considered a 4 ohm nominal load (trust us on this)". 

How would that work when using the One10W on its own with an amp rated at 4/8 ohms? Would it just reduce the output?

3 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

How would that work when using the One10W on its own with an amp rated at 4/8 ohms? Would it just reduce the output?

It would only be a problem with a really small amp and/or unrealistic expectations.

200w @4 ohm should make a big enough sound for someone considering a 110 gig I would think.

If you put a 800w @ 4 amp on it you might get a couple more dB out of it before it was suffering.

I think most people would rather take a bigger cab than run a little cab ten 10ths.

7 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

It would only be a problem with a really small amp and/or unrealistic expectations.

200w @4 ohm should make a big enough sound for someone considering a 110 gig I would think.

If you put a 800w @ 4 amp on it you might get a couple more dB out of it before it was suffering.

I think most people would rather take a bigger cab than run a little cab ten 10ths.

If I was to get a One10W I'd want to be able to use it on its own, for those small gigs. I used to have a One10 and it was surprisingly loud for its size, but it wouldn't be much use to me if it was only useable with the Three10.

12 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

If I was to get a One10W I'd want to be able to use it on its own, for those small gigs. I used to have a One10 and it was surprisingly loud for its size, but it wouldn't be much use to me if it was only useable with the Three10.

Of course it is usable! By rights it will only need a slightly harder push from the amp to output a similar level to the One10.

If it's a bigger cab it might even be a wash wrt knob position and same amp.

What did you use with the One10?

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

Of course it is usable! By rights it will only need a slightly harder push from the amp to output a similar level to the One10.

If it's a bigger cab it might even be a wash wrt knob position and same amp.

What did you use with the One10?

I used a Mesa D800, so 400W at 8 ohms, so 2/300 at 12 ohms?

1 hour ago, bassist_lewis said:

I used a Mesa D800, so 400W at 8 ohms, so 2/300 at 12 ohms?

You would have sent the poor wee thing to cab heaven if anywhere near pushing that amp.

Class D amps tend to put out a bit more than half the 4 ohm rating at 8 ohm.

I think you would still have plenty of knob rotation capacity spare @12 ohm Ask Alex.

• Like 1

I'm taking the 3x10 for it's first outing on a gig in Lancaster this evening.

I'll be using my '73 P bass with flats through the Bergantino Forte D, that's it, nothing else.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Rob

• Like 11