Why become a member? ×

What Sire did next

neepheid

47 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Not yet.  Don't worry, I'll update if something shifts today.

Fingers crossed for you.

I want to see one of these reviewed by an actual customer.

1 minute ago, thisisswanbon said:

I've not had an update yet and website still shows 3rd - when did you order yours???

I got an email about 10 minutes ago.  I ordered mine on 1st August.

9 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I got an email about 10 minutes ago.  I ordered mine on 1st August.

Oh wow... mines definitely going back, although nothing yet. 🤔  I may cancel this and look elsewhere at this point. Shocking way to go on stringing people along

4 minutes ago, thisisswanbon said:

Yup... just called and been put back to 12th due to a delay with the shipping container.  Apparently this is the last delay though 🤔

Hmm, I'll believe it when I see it.  Thanks for the info though.

50 minutes ago, la bam said:

At least 2-3 week wait at thomann. I'd be putting my money on that being more accurate. I'm sure the shipping container didn't just get delayed today en route to store. More likely from Indonesia to the warehouses. 

Andertons wouldn't lie just to keep hold of the pre-order, surely? 🤔

I did say to him that if this is going to be a rolling delay as I've previously experienced then I'd rather cancel and go to somewhere more forthcoming, but he pinkie promised this was the last delay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thisisswanbon said:

Andertons wouldn't lie just to keep hold of the pre-order, surely? 🤔

I did say to him that if this is going to be a rolling delay as I've previously experienced then I'd rather cancel and go to somewhere more forthcoming, but he pinkie promised this was the last delay.

I have been making my own enquiries and I was told this afternoon that the shipment has made it to the UK and is now going through customs.  So HMRC will be sitting on them for a wee while, I guess.

12 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I have been making my own enquiries and I was told this afternoon that the shipment has made it to the UK and is now going through customs.  So HMRC will be sitting on them for a wee while, I guess.

I told a customer the same thing today for something we haven't even ordered yet - Customs are such a mystery that they're the perfect scapegoat.

• Sad 1

Call me synical but....... Advertise something you haven't got.... Take pre orders..... Take payment..... Send orders to manufacturer..... Manufacturer makes that order so as not to produce too many.... Then, and only then, deliver said order. Thus immediately selling out once received. 

I think their system is needing an overhaul in general. I had to get a custom quote made up to cancel out the postage charge because at some time in the last year it has decided that Aberdeen is "remote", yet my parents' place in rural Aberdeenshire, 3 miles from the nearest village up a single track road isn't! Bonkers, innit?

• Like 1

I'm starting to question how much I want this, and if I do, do I want to give Andertons my money. 

I was not in a hurry, but I don't like feeling I've been fed stories to keep me from going elsewhere. Truth is I was ordering from them to use up about 40 quid's worth of 'points' that I had accumulated. Now they might become the shop I avoid. 

I do bear a grudge :D I only recently bought something from GAK after a 'situation' we had in 2001...

• Haha 1

My thoughts exactly! Although I can't think of anything else that ticks so many boxes at this price point, and I really don't want to go to the back of the queue at Thomann 😫 I think this will be a last purchase with Andertons though either way... 

I don't believe Andertons are being deceitful here, I really don't think it's their fault the basses haven't arrived.  The issue is that the due in date keeps getting pushed back and perhaps they should be more forthcoming that these due in dates are sometimes put back.  

I've not done enough research to know how often the due dates are put back but I ordered a GK FusionS 1200 from them a couple of years ago and the same thing happened with the GK amp's due in date.  Unfortunately for Andertons, one came up for sale on Basschat second hand, but barely used, and I bought that instead, saving myself £500.

Merchant City Music in Glasgow get regular deliveries from Reverend and I have put my name down for basses on two separate occasions.  They never said they would be in on a certain date, they gave me rough estimates and called me when they received them. So, although I was looking forward to them arriving, I didn't have the same heightened expectation, followed by the disappointment with the postponement.

It's the way they are doing it here. They were allegedly due today, but thomann in 3 weeks? Nah, I really can't see that. 

Then, crazily, they've pushed the date back to tomorrow? 

They did this a couple of years ago with a ninja amp I was after. 

Its a bit 'boy who cried wolf' to the point no one will believe them eventually. 

5 hours ago, la bam said:

Call me synical but....... Advertise something you haven't got.... Take pre orders..... Take payment..... Send orders to manufacturer..... Manufacturer makes that order so as not to produce too many.... Then, and only then, deliver said order. Thus immediately selling out once received. 

I used to work in retail and the lead time for a container you are looking at least 8-9 weeks from ordering and that’s if the stock is reading and waiting in the far east. They don’t get flown over. So that theory doesn’t stack up I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Minininjarob said:

I used to work in retail and the lead time for a container you are looking at least 8-9 weeks from ordering and that’s if the stock is reading and waiting in the far east. They don’t get flown over. So that theory doesn’t stack up I’m afraid. 

They havent arrived yet though.. 

Having worked in retail and dealing with pre-orders, it's a slippery slope. My store took the idea to take full payment but we were unable to confirm a delivery date, others stores take notes of interest and then call when the item arrived and you could pay if you still wanted it. Both worked in different ways.

Now I'm not sure how much visibility Andertons/Thomann have - but this clear issue here is the comms. See if Andertons were just open and said "there's been a delay and we're not sure exactly when they'll arrive" that would probably alleviate most of the frustration. I feel the same regarding train and flight delays, if customers were just told more of the truth, everything would probably go more smoothly.

Anyway, a slight ramble, but I hope these show up soon as they do seem killer!

Edited by BassApprentice
  • Like 2