Why become a member? ×

What Sire did next

neepheid

Just looking at some of the other new Sire Models and they are quoiting Sept 13th. They will be in te same consignment fingers crossed but don't hold you breath.

Just as an additional comment. I have always found Andertons' customer service to be first class and I have bought lots from them over the years. Thomann also are first rate.

59 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Just looking at some of the other new Sire Models and they are quoiting Sept 13th. They will be in te same consignment fingers crossed but don't hold you breath.

Just as an additional comment. I have always found Andertons' customer service to be first class and I have bought lots from them over the years. Thomann also are first rate.

Nothing wrong with Anderton's customer service from a friendliness/initial responsiveness point of view.  Their powers of procurement are a worry though.  Last year I tried to get a price out of them for some custom shop DiMarzio pickups.  By the time I had a response, the pickups were already on their way across from the USA courtesy of an eBay seller who didn't give a monkeys about geographical restrictions.  Now this might have been them getting poor service from their distributor, but I got fed up chasing it and took matters into my own hands.  Between that and declaring most (but not all) of Scotland north of the central belt to be "remote", I think they're having a bit of a 'mare with some of their internal workings right now.

Just cancelled with Andertons and ordered with Thomann! Appreciate the shout. 

I've gone for the Natural finish Z7 4 string, they had 1 left in stock that needs to go through quality (hence the 2-5 days lead time).

Even if I don't get it any quicker, I'm happier to use a more forthcoming company.

They did mention there are no more coming until November now...

Edited by thisisswanbon
  • Like 1

I remember there being pretty long wait times when the P5's came out a few years ago and the forum was full of people getting annoyed about the wait times. 

Saw these on FB today....

Looks like Sire can get shipments to the US, these shipped from Sweetwater.

Screenshot_20240905-204645.png

Screenshot_20240905-204615.png