Why become a member? ×

What Sire did next

neepheid

On 15/08/2024 at 11:19, NancyJohnson said:

I used to love the Anderton videos back when it was Lee and Nathan King; there was genuine chemistry and banter from a pair of exceptional players and I really miss that.  Now it's all a bit meh.

By observation, CiCi (well, if You Tube videos are anything to go by), appears to have decentish chops, but there's really very little evidence of this in any of the current bass-centric Anderton output.  

You must be watching a different Cici as her playing is amazing, really wide range of styles, not many people doing these sorts of videos do any proper metal stuff like her and she does some nice melodic stuff too. All of this and she is comically small (stature and hands) compared to some of the basses she plays (eg with a Rick she looks so small!!) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Minininjarob said:

You must be watching a different Cici as her playing is amazing, really wide range of styles, not many people doing these sorts of videos do any proper metal stuff like her and she does some nice melodic stuff too. All of this and she is comically small (stature and hands) compared to some of the basses she plays (eg with a Rick she looks so small!!) 

She really shines in the "Sound Like..." series

• 2 weeks later...

FFS, so close - stock ETA got bumped to 3rd Sept at Andertons.  Bit mean for it to happen 3 days before the previous ETA.

What *are* they poncing around at?

Maybe get it by... Halloween?  Christmas?  2025?

Whatever, I think I'm just gonna forget I ordered it then get a nice surprise whenever it does land.

41 minutes ago, neepheid said:

FFS, so close - stock ETA got bumped to 3rd Sept at Andertons.  Bit mean for it to happen 3 days before the previous ETA.

What *are* they poncing around at?

Maybe get it by... Halloween?  Christmas?  2025?

Whatever, I think I'm just gonna forget I ordered it then get a nice surprise whenever it does land.

Same situation! I got excited when they emailed twice last week to say still the 30th, but alas it isn't to be! Hopefully with this being an update it may be accurate 🤞🤞🤞

2 hours ago, BillyBass said:

Andertons site still says 3rd of September...

If they don't get them for the 3rd then they need to have a think about what they're doing.. . it's not really fair to take pre orders and keep rocking the date back. I hope they do get them though and everyone gets theirs.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mcnach said:

It's not too late to change it. It wouldn't be the first, or the second time...

Indeed - last kick the can got down the road was 3 days before the alleged ETA.

On 16/08/2024 at 17:35, BillyBass said:

Not reading manuals is fine, it takes no time at all to work what does what, if you are a bass player.  

Lucky they didn’t task a guitard with it. It would mean first teaching one of them to read words but that’s five years well spent in my view 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cato said:

I've just been looking at this at Bax.

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/electric-bass-guitars/sire-marcus-miller-z3-4-string-rosegold-electric-bass-guitar

Very tempted but I'm slightly concerned as to why it's £65 cheaper than the other brand new Z3s they're offering.

They're saying 12 days for delivery.

Bite their hand off - worst thing that'll happen is they cancel your order because it was a pricing error...

15 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Bite their hand off - worst thing that'll happen is they cancel your order because it was a pricing error...

For once in my life I'm going to stay strong.

I wasn't even thinking about getting a new bass when I woke up this morning.

Chances are there will be a z3 or z7 in my future at some point, but not today...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cato said:

For once in my life I'm going to stay strong.

I wasn't even thinking about getting a new bass when I woke up this morning.

Chances are there will be a z3 or z7 in my future at some point, but not today...

Well, if you don't get in on this tranche you probably won't get anything until December anyway.  Xmas pressie? :D

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cato said:

I've just been looking at this at Bax.

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/electric-bass-guitars/sire-marcus-miller-z3-4-string-rosegold-electric-bass-guitar

Very tempted but I'm slightly concerned as to why it's £65 cheaper than the other brand new Z3s they're offering.

They're saying 12 days for delivery.

I wouldn't believe a word Bax says

• Like 1

@neepheid its after close of business and the Andertons website is still saying 3rd September.  Fingers crossed.

It would be cruel if they postponed tomorrow; a bit like telling your infant son on Christmas morning that due to industrial action in Lapland, the elves are working to rule and Father Christmas is unlikely to make it around until the 27th

7 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

@neepheid its after close of business and the Andertons website is still saying 3rd September.  Fingers crossed.

It would be cruel if they postponed tomorrow; a bit like telling your infant son on Christmas morning that due to industrial action in Lapland, the elves are working to rule and Father Christmas is unlikely to make it around until the 27th

If they eff us over tomorrow, I am going to be super unimpressed.