Why become a member? ×

please delete

ian

this is my fender jazz usa 1978 as you can see in good condition for a 31 year old bass.sounds great and plays great.im in kent and you are welcome to come and try the bass im open to fair offers on the bass or trades for any 5 or 6 strings you may have many thanks

[attachment=25061:038.JPG][attachment=25062:039.JPG][attachment=25060:037.JPG][attachment=25058:035.
JPG][attachment=25057:033.JPG]
[attachment=25059:036.JPG]

Edited by ian

That is SUCH a sweeeeeeet looking bass Ian, I wish you'd stop putting pics up, especially as I live just down the road from you, and that would look so good next to my fretless :)

Just did a deal with Ian and he's been a top bloke about it, espcially as I've messed him around a bit - in fact more than a bit - so he gets my recommendation as a guy to deal with.

Chris

Edited by Beedster

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ian' post='508192' date='Jun 8 2009, 01:42 PM']yea thats right mate had a j east in when i bought it thanks mate[/quote]

Does that mean the controls now fitted aren't the original ones?

Also - did you re-fit the cavity cover or just leave it as per the photo?

It's a shame in a way that it's had work done on it. I'm sure it was done for good reasons &, hopefully, made it work better for whoever did it but that'll hit your resale value a fair bit unfortunately.

sorry what i meant to say was when i bought the bass from the gallery it already had the battery compartment as it use to have a j retro fitted .but when i bought it it had the original control plates .and a proper batt compartment but it broke i will put a new one back in soon anyway like i say its all original apart from the battery compartment many thanks

[quote name='ian' post='508339' date='Jun 8 2009, 05:07 PM']sorry what i meant to say was when i bought the bass from the gallery it already had the battery compartment as it use to have a j retro fitted .but when i bought it it had the original control plates .and a proper batt compartment but it broke i will put a new one back in soon anyway like i say its all original apart from the battery compartment many thanks[/quote]

Ah ha, that makes sense :)

Don't suppose you have the bridge cover as well?

It obviously had one fitted as the screw holes are there :rolleyes: