Why become a member? ×

Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 4H - Now £1175 - *WITHDRAWN*
£1250
Haywards Heath

JoeS

*NOW £1175*

2001 EBMM Sterling in long discontinued and much loved honeyburst with rosewood fretboard.

Will entertain trades involving an American Standard/American Professional Precision Bass (rosewood fretboard preferred) or Short Scale StingRay (preferably EBMM).

The bass is in great condition for its age, though there are some scuffs and marks commensurate with two decades of use.

IMG_4389.thumb.jpeg.749d8e4a2ac3674d2afc68a36db0a2fa.jpegIMG_4388.thumb.jpeg.d5ab9f7fb4c13ff2fb7efd9a857a83d5.jpegIMG_4390.thumb.jpeg.1dacbed818b9daa7478a48bdc7a7a6e8.jpegIMG_4387.thumb.jpeg.ec8a7d2d4926c959b763c9a66380fd66.jpegIMG_4391.thumb.jpeg.78b4d78c3eb9a9f9ae35dda5add26f51.jpegIMG_4392.thumb.jpeg.f975ffa54f370f80ff29e42c61fd0dda.jpegIMG_4386.thumb.jpeg.751843eadf01ea60f91ed643078cb0f3.jpegIMG_4385.thumb.jpeg.58d558bf43f16391b814547fee9ee3a2.jpegIMG_4383.thumb.jpeg.584a8ecd4e90f680338038da0d98a3d0.jpegIMG_4384.thumb.jpeg.ac61679d099454a6123b3fc6066f8c7a.jpeg

Weight currently unknown but I would estimate a shade over 4kg; certainly not heavy by EBMM standards thanks to the small body which isn’t much bigger than a Mustang’s. Appreciate that weight can be a dealbreaker for some (myself included) so I will endeavour to get an accurate figure ASAP (i.e. when my neighbour gets home so I can borrow their scales).

*EDIT* Weight confirmed as 4.2kg according to luggage scales.

I have the original white pickguard and screws which can be reinstalled before sale. The electrical tape on the pickup can also be removed - rest assured it’s hiding nothing more than some sharp pole pieces, but I’m happy to take some more photos of the bass in original condition if required.

Also included is the original hard case which, admittedly, is in less good condition than the bass itself (see photo of missing clasp) but still provides adequate protection.

Collection from Haywards Heath, West Sussex preferred, but I would be happy to deliver or meet within a reasonable distance.

Any questions, requests for additional photos etc, just let me know!

Edited by JoeS
Trade options added
  • Like 21

• JoeS changed the title to Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 4H
  • JoeS changed the title to Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 4H - Now £1175
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any chance of getting some more pictures of the back of the neck? neck pocket joint-any cracks? Also one of the jack input and sides?

super interested and a couple of weeks away from something selling at bass gallery. 

Saw this on Facebook marketplace so feel free to answer here instead. Safer and nicer here! :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chuck_stones said:

Ooh that's a beauty! Is this still available and what's the nut width on the Sterling's? Narrower than a Stingray? 

38mm width at nut and 20.5mm deep at 1st. (Ray is 41.3mm wide at nut (or more on some versions) and 21.5mm deep at 1st.)

Forever baffles me why Sterling's don't get the prices StingRay's do.  A StingRay at the moment the same age and spec as this would be listed at least 30% more. 

Bargain for a gorgeous instrument!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chuck_stones said:

Ooh that's a beauty! Is this still available and what's the nut width on the Sterling's? Narrower than a Stingray? 

Still available and thank you @Quatschmacher for providing the details. If you want to imagine the neck profile, I’d say it’s somewhere between a typical Jazz and an Ibanez SR (although it’s been a while since I’ve played one of those).

3 hours ago, Kev said:

Forever baffles me why Sterling's don't get the prices StingRay's do.  A StingRay at the moment the same age and spec as this would be listed at least 30% more. 

Bargain for a gorgeous instrument!

Thanks Kev, have to say I’m slightly surprised (but not disappointed!) that it’s still here. Had I not managed to get my hands on a short scale StingRay the Sterling would probably be my number one, they really are fantastic instruments.

11 minutes ago, JoeS said:

Still available and thank you @Quatschmacher for providing the details. If you want to imagine the neck profile, I’d say it’s somewhere between a typical Jazz and an Ibanez SR (although it’s been a while since I’ve played one of those).

Thanks Kev, have to say I’m slightly surprised (but not disappointed!) that it’s still here. Had I not managed to get my hands on a short scale StingRay the Sterling would probably be my number one, they really are fantastic instruments.

I’m mighty tempted. Played a Sterling exclusively for almost ten years. 

• JoeS changed the title to *WITHDRAWN* Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 4H - Now £1175