Why become a member? ×

Post your latest pedal

MM Stingray 62

Just received the new EBS Black haze 2 . I heard it recently on YouTube (Basstheworld) I thought it sounded fab ... Very subjective listening to pedal demo's on YouTube.

But it's exactly what I heard. So thick sounding,it's 🔥.

Can't wait to try it in context.

IMG_20240624_185019.thumb.jpg.3004baf5075c36d05d2175025bd2a834.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

Just received the new EBS Black haze 2 . I heard it recently on YouTube (Basstheworld) I thought it sounded fab ... Very subjective listening to pedal demo's on YouTube.

But it's exactly what I heard. So thick sounding,it's 🔥.

Can't wait to try it in context.

IMG_20240624_185019.thumb.jpg.3004baf5075c36d05d2175025bd2a834.jpg

Glad to see my old Tape Core made it onto your board amongst all that gnarliness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

So now I’m allowed to post this. Only been having to keep quite for about 4 years about this. 

IMG_9352.jpeg

These sound great. I love the demo stuff I've heard. This and the new Eae Prismic Wall fall into the “stuff I desperately want to play with but have no idea what I'd do with it” category. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDinsdale said:

What does it do?! Looks great!

Lots of stuff, really great filters, EQ, chorus/delay/reverb/, ring mod, bit crush, sample rate reduction, signal noise, vinyl noise and skipping, LFO which goes into audio rate, envelope control of 13 parameters simultaneously at individual depths. I’ve posted clips here:’

NPD yesterday! I got this funky little beauty. Still on my quest for "the filter", I've been really impressed by the demos for the EQD spacial Delivery.

Has the usual up/down sweeps which I need from a filter (so many just go up) but has a funky sample and hold. I've had this feature in a prometheus deluxe I once owned, but couldn't get a musical sound out of that. This has one knob for rate and the random tones seem to a bit less... erm random 🤣

I could do sone wild stuff with this and my C4.

It triggers well with all basses and simple to use, with plenty of resonance, and silent in the down mode (again a lot of downsweep filters are noisy)  it also has an inreresting dual to blend between LP/BP/HP, which gives a bit more tonal variety than a switch. To top it all it comes in a funky sparkly white and orange.

This will stay on the board (😉🤣)

Octamizer isn't new, but they sound huge together.

20240627_152130.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Just bought an EHX English Muff'N on Reverb, which despite it's name is tube based Marshall'ish preamp/overdrive pedal, for just 100 Euro, which is nearly half the price of what they usually go for used :

ENGLISH-MUFFN.jpg

Edit/Update!: Send today, and as the seller lived in Denmark too I should have it already Monday or Tuesday, probably Tuesday though.

Really exited about getting to try this out, I kind of plan for it to become part of my main setup.

Not sure if I will use it as an overdrive effect, or it will be used mainly as yet another tube preamp stage.

Probably will end up as either my main pre reverb overdrive effect, or possibly replace the Joyo Orange Juice overdrive that I currently use as part of my main high gain distortion setup, mixed in parallel with a Mosky Black Rat in Tuebo RAT mode.

Edit/Update 2!: I have received the pedal, and not only does it work flawlessly, it also sounds no short of amazing, both as cleanish preamp and as overdrive!

I had high expectations, but got to say they have been exceeded, I am blown away with how awesome this pedal sounds.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 3

On 05/07/2024 at 13:22, Baloney Balderdash said:

Just bought an EHX English Muff'N on Reverb, which despite it's name is tube based Marshall'ish preamp/overdrive pedal, for just 100 Euro, which is nearly half the price of what they usually go for used :

ENGLISH-MUFFN.jpg

Edit/Update!: Send today, and as the seller lived in Denmark too I should have it already Monday or Tuesday, probably Tuesday though.

Really exited about getting to try this out, I kind of plan for it to become part of my main setup.

Not sure if I will use it as an overdrive effect, or it will be used mainly as yet another tube preamp stage.

Probably will end up as either my main pre reverb overdrive effect, or possibly replace the Joyo Orange Juice overdrive that I currently use as part of my main high gain distortion setup, mixed in parallel with a Mosky Black Rat in Tuebo RAT mode.

Edit/Update 2!: I have received the pedal, and not only does it work flawlessly, it also sounds no short of amazing, both as cleanish preamp and as overdrive!

I had high expectations, but got to say they have been exceeded, I am blown away with how awesome this pedal sounds.

I have received the pedal, and not only does it work flawlessly, it also sounds no short of amazing, both as cleanish preamp and as overdrive!

Edit!!!: I probably ought to add, that while this pedal is an astonishing sounding overdrive it is unfortunately quite noisy when engaged.

However I just swapped the 2 stock EHX 12AY7EH tubes with 2 EHX 12AX7EH tubes, and beside the pedal obviously not being capable of quite as low gain overdrive settings but on the other hand also being capable of higher gain overdrive/distortion than before, it is actually also a whole lot quieter (as in much less noisy) dialed in to deliver about the same amount of gain (9 o'clock Vs. before maxed gain knob) as before the tube swap (relative high gain overdrive (but not distortion), and not any more noisy than your average drive pedal), but also the drive it delivers is considerably tighter sounding, which I prefer.

So unless you need just breaking up/light tube breakup sounds I can warmly recommend swapping the 2 stock EHX 12AY7EH tubes with higher gain EHX 12AX7EH tubes (or whichever brand 12AX7 tubes you prefer).

In any case I can confirm that tube swap seems to make a substantial difference to this pedal.

EHX ought to re-release all these big 2 x tube pedals, not only do they all sound amazing, they are also amazing value for the money (or well, judging from the 4 I've owned myself (Black Finger (still own), The Wiggler (even owned 2 of these at some point, but was stupid enough to sell both), LPB 2ube (which I very much regret being stupid enough to sell, awesome stereo/2 channel tube preamp, being able to bridge the channels and use it as a tube overdrive too), and now the English Muff'n), and from the demos I've heard to the others).

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 3

I've come to the conclusion that just not a pedal board freak so all effect pedals have gone and I've simplified everything to a small board. 

New pedal is the most excellent Caveman BP1 Compact.

DSC_0005.JPG

Edited by spyder
  • Like 3

Been without an octave pedal for a few years now & was thinking I should get one.

This popped up on Facebook today for £30, so I jumped up on it. 

IMG_9612.jpeg.a850ddeee9fa8c6ee9938c1d1425b923.jpeg

Gave it a quick test & it works as it should. 

• Like 7

NPD: Broughton JoshWah

I’ve had an on-off relationship with envelope filters for a few years now. I always have a sweepable LPF on my board, but have been constantly ‘meh’ about most filters I’ve tried recently, despite previously being a big user of them. My main issue is that I’ve really struggled to find ones that play well with the dirt pedals I currently use. My favourite two filters ever, the SubDecay Prometheus and the WMD Super FatMan, also don’t seem to fit right in the mix of my current pedal chain, which has soured my envelope filter love.

For a while, I’ve just made do with the filter in my Synesthesia and found that I don’t really ‘need’ an envelope filter. But, I’ve had an urge, and when this popped up I had to grab it, having heard good things.

After 3-4 hours with it today, I’m very impressed. The sound is very close to how my brain remembered the SubDecay, but it sits much better in the mix, and importantly, plays great with my current array of dirt pedals. The drive circuit in it is okay, though unlikely to be used anymore than to give the filter a touch of sparkle.

This is definitely finding a home on my board for a while!

IMG_8672.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, M@23 said:

Grabbed this from Facebook for less than the cost of 3 pints!

Surprised to see it’s from July 97 - it’s in great nick and sounds wonderful. 

2D13E7A7-1905-4950-90F1-49E28EEE0BDE.jpeg

I liked the old Brown Boss Bass one as well. 

• Like 1

Dreadbox Kinematic, an interesting pedal (despite not being on my board presently) 

VCA type compression is good 

Filter is very good 

Drive is more a fuzz imo and is too fizzy for my taste 

worth a look I feel