Why become a member? ×

Post your latest pedal

MM Stingray 62

14 hours ago, pantherairsoft said:

NPD: Broughton JoshWah

I’ve had an on-off relationship with envelope filters for a few years now. I always have a sweepable LPF on my board, but have been constantly ‘meh’ about most filters I’ve tried recently, despite previously being a big user of them. My main issue is that I’ve really struggled to find ones that play well with the dirt pedals I currently use. My favourite two filters ever, the SubDecay Prometheus and the WMD Super FatMan, also don’t seem to fit right in the mix of my current pedal chain, which has soured my envelope filter love.

For a while, I’ve just made do with the filter in my Synesthesia and found that I don’t really ‘need’ an envelope filter. But, I’ve had an urge, and when this popped up I had to grab it, having heard good things.

After 3-4 hours with it today, I’m very impressed. The sound is very close to how my brain remembered the SubDecay, but it sits much better in the mix, and importantly, plays great with my current array of dirt pedals. The drive circuit in it is okay, though unlikely to be used anymore than to give the filter a touch of sparkle.

This is definitely finding a home on my board for a while!

IMG_8672.jpeg

It’s one on my shortlist to try - is it mutron style low pass thing?

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

It’s one on my shortlist to try - is it mutron style low pass thing?

Yeah. It has some mutron flavour, for sure. Feels a little deeper though, with some major flexibility in the controls. One of the best low pass based filters I’ve used.

• Like 1

Looking forward to getting this on my secondary ‘fly’ board, essentially doing a similar job as the Noble on my main board (ie Preamp/DI at the end of the chain):

IMG_1820.thumb.jpeg.88e030029b329f844e6ef8b5d6cb5f2b.jpeg

Si

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sibob said:

Had this arrive last week. A very close approximation of a Noble (which I have on my main board) for my smaller ‘fly board’:

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.6fdbf23348a19faa65f5282edaf31767.jpeg

Si

I had not noticed him develop this! Given the Nobel di only uses one tube, What a great idea!

(Mxr didn’t last long!)

Edited by LukeFRC

39 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I had not noticed him develop this! Given the Nobel di only uses one tube, What a great idea!

(Mxr didn’t last long!)

It’s a paired down Noble basically, same circuit & tone stack, but both outputs share a tube (Noble XLR and 1/4” output have their own tubes, ie you can remove one and the other output still works), whereas the 1/4” and DI on the NP share the tube. The Noble also has some additional circuitry on the 1/4” output which reduces the impedance a little, but more treble extension on the Noble as a result. Other than that (and them being different brand tubes), they’re going for the same vibe. Obviously the other difference being the Nobles pedal power outputs.

Yeah this is the second run of the Neptunium I think, and possibly the last from what I’ve heard. Few left on the website, almost tempted to get another…..maybe.

The MXR is great, a solid DI pedal, lots for the money, but a semi-Noble in largely the same footprint as the MXR is a no-brainer for that board. 

Si

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sibob said:

Had this arrive last week. A very close approximation of a Noble (which I have on my main board) for my smaller ‘fly board’:

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.6fdbf23348a19faa65f5282edaf31767.jpeg

Si

Looks good Si, is there any videos of this, I had a quick look but they seem to be a different model to yours 

9 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Looks good Si, is there any videos of this, I had a quick look but they seem to be a different model to yours 

I’m not sure there are any, I will try and do an A/B at some point with it and the Noble (and the Regal on the HX Stomp too).

Honestly though, I never really thought many videos did the Noble justice, it’s a ‘feel’ thing in the room, so I think if I did a video, it would purely compare the three pedals,  

and not include a straight/‘clean’ bass tone.

Si

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not usually into fancy experimental effects, but I'm currently having fun getting to know this pedal. Only just started trying it out, but so far have coaxed some  good "Muse-A-Like™ " synthy, gated fuzzy sounds out of it, and a very convincing Stranglers "In The Shadows" squelchy, over the top fuzzy/distortion. It also sounds great running it through my Laney Nexus octaver and chorus effects too.

IMG_0486.jpg

• Like 3