Why become a member? ×

Which companies are dead to you?

Just Eat. The uk has a thriving independent takeaway industry, call direct get a delivery, maybe a small charge.

Then this uneeded middle man comes along and tries to stifle the industry and whack an admin fee for their unwanted service. People use it unbelievable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andytoad said:

Just Eat. The uk has a thriving independent takeaway industry, call direct get a delivery, maybe a small charge.

Then this uneeded middle man comes along and tries to stifle the industry and whack an admin fee for their unwanted service. People use it unbelievable.

It's not unwanted when so many people use it 'though.

1 hour ago, andytoad said:

You would be surprised by how many people won’t use a phone these days and only text or use apps. Just Eat is just taking advantage of this. Never really understood it myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andytoad said:

I've gone off such things - not only is there a service charge/delivery charge, but they mark up the price of the items as well, the rats.  I'm cheaper going in the car myself and getting the bloody takeaway!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I've gone off such things - not only is there a service charge/delivery charge, but they mark up the price of the items as well, the rats.  I'm cheaper going in the car myself and getting the bloody takeaway!

Yeah but the problem is I'm always drunk. 

I know my locals (not that I'm a regular) and call them direct. But after a gig or when I'm somewhere that isn't my house then Just Eat is easier. 

2 hours ago, andytoad said:

They also have their own drivers. If a takeaway doesn't have dedicated delivery staff and doesn't want to deal with hiring/firing, it means they can reach a wider audience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tegs07 said:

You would be surprised by how many people won’t use a phone these days and only text or use apps. Just Eat is just taking advantage of this. Never really understood it myself.

I try to avoid using a phone (not just these days, for quite a long time), but I certainly wouldn't use JustEat - its really expensive!

• Like 1