Why become a member? ×

The Big, Fat South-West Bass Bash 2024

scrumpymike

22 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

Hi guys, I know I was tentative anyway, but I'm currently nuts deep in a kitchen renovation, so I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow 😒 Maybe next time! Hope it goes well 👌

Thanks, hope the new kitchen goes well too.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2024 at 09:20, chyc said:

Anyone with recommendations for a place to stay Sunday->Monday? Cheap is my top priority, then proximity to any post-bash pub session (if it happens).

Sorry, had a look but couldn't find anything reasonable let alone cheap. Accommodation prices have gone silly in recent years. You'd be better paying Rich a tenner to put the duvet cover on himself - me, I'd pay £20 to get out of doing that job 😉.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Sorry, had a look but couldn't find anything reasonable let alone cheap. Accommodation prices have gone silly in recent years. You'd be better paying Rich a tenner to put the duvet cover on himself - me, I'd pay £20 to get out of doing that job 😉.

Hey if he is going to put a duvet cover on himself for a tenner, imagine what he would do for £20!

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Hey if he is going to put a duvet cover on himself for a tenner, imagine what he would do for £20!

Thanks a bunch. I was feeling bad enough before you made that suggestion 😟

2 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

I've just put said duvet cover on, and can confirm that I would gladly have paid someone 30 quid to do it :shok: 

• Haha 4

Still coughing which confirms my decision to drop out.

"Get Well Soon" to the Scumpettes and all the others felled by viruses.

"Have a fab time you jammy sods, no I am not in the least bit jealous" to the rest of you. 

Please - lots of photos and a full review of the PA shootout (maybe on a separate thread so others can find it if it went really well) . 😀

• Like 2

Thanks @scrumpymike for another excellent bash. Sorry I had to dash off early. I forgot to take any pictures too. 

Lots of lovely basses. @knicknack's Limelight with the rosewood board was lovely. Never thought I'd like flats, but the ones on there were amazing. 

@spyder's Serek Midwestern 5 was a terrific little bass. 

But thanks to @JapanAxe, I now need a D-Roc 5. Not want. NEED. 

• Like 8

@scrumpymike and his brilliant group of helpers excelled themselves again this year.

Scrumptious food (did you see what I did there?🙃) and great company.
Always an excellent day, and an opportunity to stoke up my GAS. 
I was particularly taken by Scrumpymikes’ Sandberg superlight and Kevin’s Sandberg California 5 string with humbucker and P-bass style split pickups. 

• Like 4

A big thank you to all who were there today. As a new comer to the Bash I was made most welcome and it was fantastic to see such a wonderful selection of bass gear. 

Also the food was unbelievably good. I had second helpings all round. Yum Yum 

• Like 3

Wonderful to meet done new faces and a joy to see the old ones. Really is the highlight of the year.

Thank you @scrumpymike , his family and friends for such a great day, wondrous food and good company. 

Highlights for me were getting to have a play through the Laney Digbeth courtesy of @MichaelDean - the valve emulation and tilt control are superb, and it's a real looker too, and @stevie cabs were a revelation, absolutely stunning in every respect but especially when paired with his Trace Elliot.

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another superb Bash organised by Mike and family. Many of the regulars were there, along with a few new faces. Here are some photos. They're a bit random, I'm afraid.

A bit quiet here. I think @Phil Starr must have been giving his speaker building talk.

20241013_115013(Medium).thumb.jpg.f16329f1f56e87206d9e712325f71d39.jpg

20241013_122358 (Medium).jpg

20241013_122403 (Medium).jpg

• Like 3