Why become a member? ×

The Big, Fat South-West Bass Bash 2024

scrumpymike

1 minute ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Well it could be considered rude not to let a host of prospective buyers see the Jabbas...

I doubt I'll be the owner of them by the time of the bash, edit me off the list old man.

• Sad 3

@scrumpymike - everything he owns unless he sells it between now and then

@Rich - Shuker 5-string, OLP/Jaydee fretless 'Ray, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2, Barefaced Super 12T cab. 

@Kateplaysbass - Ashdown CTM-100 and LB212, Pawn Shop Mustang, medium scale ACG Finn, and maybe also ACG Recurve and Bass Collection 5 string fretless, since I'm thinking about offloading both of those

@Woodinblack -  Bongo, just to wind people up

@Richard R - Brawley 5 string, as usual, HB 5 String thing with Roland hex pickup and V-bass COSM synth.

@BreadBin - something interesting

@chyc - a very nice double bass, an Ashbory Bass, GSS 06B400MKD combo, and possibly Warwick Streamer fretless, Sandberg Custom 5 with Delano XTender, Sandberg TT Marcus Miller rip-off, BC 110T cabinet, BC 112mk3 cabinet, Acoustic Image Coda

@TRBboy - Frost Custom Basses PJ5 (my first build from scratch), Sandberg California TT5 Passive, possibly my customised Yamaha BBN5, Markbass Stu Amp 1000w, GR Bass GR 410+ (1200w, 4 ohm), a fairly unexciting pedal board 😅, & converted Trace 1x15" cab, if it's in a satisfactory state by then

@Stub Mandrel - Joyo BadASS & PJB C2, three or four hopefully 'interesting' basses.

6 hours ago, Rich said:

@Frank Blank, we will miss you at the Bash. Our long distance Brother In Crumble. :(  Why you giving up, if you don't mind me asking?

I think it’s an amalgam of many things but the sum of those parts is I’m just not enjoying any of it, rehearsing, writing or performing. I’ve got to an age where I don’t want to waste any time doing stuff I don’t want to.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Sad 3

@scrumpymike - everything he owns unless he sells it between now and then

@Rich - Shuker 5-string, something else (will toss a coin on the day), Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2, Barefaced Super 12T cab. 

@Kateplaysbass - Ashdown CTM-100 and LB212, Pawn Shop Mustang, medium scale ACG Finn, and maybe also ACG Recurve and Bass Collection 5 string fretless, since I'm thinking about offloading both of those

@Woodinblack -  Bongo, just to wind people up

@Richard R - Brawley 5 string, as usual, HB 5 String thing with Roland hex pickup and V-bass COSM synth.

@BreadBin - something interesting

@chyc - a very nice double bass, an Ashbory Bass, GSS 06B400MKD combo, and possibly Warwick Streamer fretless, Sandberg Custom 5 with Delano XTender, Sandberg TT Marcus Miller rip-off, BC 110T cabinet, BC 112mk3 cabinet, Acoustic Image Coda

@TRBboy - Frost Custom Basses PJ5 (my first build from scratch), Sandberg California TT5 Passive, possibly my customised Yamaha BBN5, Markbass Stu Amp 1000w, GR Bass GR 410+ (1200w, 4 ohm), a fairly unexciting pedal board 😅, & converted Trace 1x15" cab, if it's in a satisfactory state by then

@Stub Mandrel - Joyo BadASS & PJB C2, three or four hopefully 'interesting' basses.

@obbm - '71 Jazz, '73 Precision, Sadowsky HPJ, Genzler Magellan 350, BF One10 x2, Pedals plus TBA plus raffle donation.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/08/2024 at 12:24, Rich said:

If you type the @ sign followed by your name, and then click on the little window thingy, it comes up as @obbm.

Sadly it didn't work.  Maybe someone can edit it.

I've had a thought...

@Rich - Shuker 5-string, something else (will toss a coin on the day), Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2, Barefaced Super 12T cab. 

@Kateplaysbass - Ashdown CTM-100 and LB212, Pawn Shop Mustang, medium scale ACG Finn, and maybe also ACG Recurve and Bass Collection 5 string fretless, since I'm thinking about offloading both of those

@Woodinblack -  Bongo, just to wind people up

@Richard R - Brawley 5 string, as usual, HB 5 String thing with Roland hex pickup and V-bass COSM synth.

@BreadBin - something interesting

@chyc - a very nice double bass, an Ashbory Bass, GSS 06B400MKD combo, and possibly Warwick Streamer fretless, Sandberg Custom 5 with Delano XTender, Sandberg TT Marcus Miller rip-off, BC 110T cabinet, BC 112mk3 cabinet, Acoustic Image Coda

@TRBboy - Frost Custom Basses PJ5 (my first build from scratch), Sandberg California TT5 Passive, possibly my customised Yamaha BBN5, Markbass Stu Amp 1000w, GR Bass GR 410+ (1200w, 4 ohm), a fairly unexciting pedal board 😅, & converted Trace 1x15" cab, if it's in a satisfactory state by then

@Stub Mandrel - Joyo BadASS & PJB C2, American Vintage II 1960 Precision & Squier 40th Anniversary Precision for side by side comparison. Teisco/Kay Tulip for sh*ts and giggles.

@obbm - '71 Jazz, '73 Precision, Sadowsky HPJ, Genzler Magellan 350, BF One10 x2, Pedals plus TBA plus raffle donation.

@Chienmortbb Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass, Sire Marcus Miller M2, Bugera Veyron. LFSys Monza Cabinet, Zoom B2Four.

Changed my mind and also changed the chinese whisper of my original post!

scrumpymike - everything he owns unless he sells it between now and then

Rich - Shuker 5-string, something else (will toss a coin on the day), Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2, Barefaced Super 12T cab. 

Kateplaysbass - Ashdown CTM-100 and LB212, Pawn Shop Mustang, medium scale ACG Finn, and maybe also ACG Recurve and Bass Collection 5 string fretless, since I'm thinking about offloading both of those

Woodinblack -  Bongo, because its lovely and uncommon, Acrylic bass, for shits and giggles, Chapman stick, Lava Me guitar

Richard R - Brawley 5 string, as usual, HB 5 String thing with Roland hex pickup and V-bass COSM synth.

BreadBin - something interesting

chyc - a very nice double bass, an Ashbory Bass, GSS 06B400MKD combo, and possibly Warwick Streamer fretless, Sandberg Custom 5 with Delano XTender, Sandberg TT Marcus Miller rip-off, BC 110T cabinet, BC 112mk3 cabinet, Acoustic Image Coda

TRBboy - Frost Custom Basses PJ5 (my first build from scratch), Sandberg California TT5 Passive, possibly my customised Yamaha BBN5, Markbass Stu Amp 1000w, GR Bass GR 410+ (1200w, 4 ohm), a fairly unexciting pedal board 😅, & converted Trace 1x15" cab, if it's in a satisfactory state by then

Stub Mandrel - Joyo BadASS & PJB C2, American Vintage II 1960 Precision & Squier 40th Anniversary Precision for side by side comparison. Teisco/Kay Tulip for sh*ts and giggles.

obbm - '71 Jazz, '73 Precision, Sadowsky HPJ, Genzler Magellan 350, BF One10 x2, Pedals plus TBA plus raffle donation.

Chienmortbb Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass, Sire Marcus Miller M2, Bugera Veyron. LFSys Monza Cabinet, Zoom B2Four.

I should be there...  I would have liked to bring my new, inbound Sandberg VM5 fretless which was ordered in April 2023, but just found out it wont land until April next year!!! 😫

I'm now working with two new brands, so, hold your breath, won't be bringing Markbass!!  Shock horror....!!!

I now work with Caveman Audio and another bass brand which will hopefully be of interest, and a surprise on the day!

Caveman Preamps and Compressor are designed to work in a different way to most other conventional preamps, in that Steen, the danish designer, considers that his gear should be at the front and end of your signal chain....  Cracking gear, all analogue 1073 inspired with no compromise, up there with the likes of Noble...

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

I should be there...  I would have liked to bring my new, inbound Sandberg VM5 fretless which was ordered in April 2023, but just found out it wont land until April next year!!! 😫

I'm now working with two new brands, so, hold your breath, won't be bringing Markbass!!  Shock horror....!!!

I now work with Caveman Audio and another bass brand which will hopefully be of interest, and a surprise on the day!

Caveman Preamps and Compressor are designed to work in a different way to most other conventional preamps, in that Steen, the danish designer, considers that his gear should be at the front and end of your signal chain....  Cracking gear, all analogue 1073 inspired with no compromise, up there with the likes of Noble...

Cool, will be great to...

Hold on...

23 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

What?

23 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

won't be bringing Markbass

WHAT??

:swoon:

Have I slipped into a parallel universe or something?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Ooh, a personal P shootout. :)  If my Thunder 1A wasn't currently up on blocks, I'd bring it along just to chuck in the mix for a laugh :lol: 

I could bring my Thunder 1, but it sounds more like a Precision than any precision...

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1

Haven't had anyone take me up on a lift, so what opinions are there on cheap places to stay? I'm looking at Travelodge, but what usually happens after the event? Is there a post-event pub session, in which case walking distance from my lodgings would be important, or does everyone scatter immediately afterwards?

Updated the list to add a requested cabinet to what I'm bringing.

@Rich- Shuker 5-string, something else (will toss a coin on the day), Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2, Barefaced Super 12T cab. 

@Kateplaysbass - Ashdown CTM-100 and LB212, Pawn Shop Mustang, medium scale ACG Finn, and maybe also ACG Recurve and Bass Collection 5 string fretless, since I'm thinking about offloading both of those

@Woodinblack -  Bongo, because its lovely and uncommon, Acrylic bass, for shits and giggles, Chapman stick, Lava Me guitar

@Richard R - Brawley 5 string, as usual, HB 5 String thing with Roland hex pickup and V-bass COSM synth.

@BreadBin- something interesting

@chyc - Double bass, Ashbory Bass, GSS 06B400MKD combo, BC 112mk3 cabinet, and on the request any of Warwick Streamer fretless, Sandberg Custom 5 with Delano XTender, Sandberg TT Marcus Miller rip-off, BC 110T cabinet, , Acoustic Image Coda

@TRBboy - Frost Custom Basses PJ5 (my first build from scratch), Sandberg California TT5 Passive, possibly my customised Yamaha BBN5, Markbass Stu Amp 1000w, GR Bass GR 410+ (1200w, 4 ohm), a fairly unexciting pedal board 😅, & converted Trace 1x15" cab, if it's in a satisfactory state by then

@Stub Mandrel - Joyo BadASS & PJB C2, American Vintage II 1960 Precision & Squier 40th Anniversary Precision for side by side comparison. Teisco/Kay Tulip for sh*ts and giggles.

@Chienmortbb - Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass, Sire Marcus Miller M2, Bugera Veyron. LFSys Monza Cabinet, Zoom B2Four.

9 hours ago, chyc said:

Haven't had anyone take me up on a lift, so what opinions are there on cheap places to stay? I'm looking at Travelodge, but what usually happens after the event? Is there a post-event pub session, in which case walking distance from my lodgings would be important, or does everyone scatter immediately afterwards?

I'll post some suggestions for cheap accommodation. People do tend to go their separate ways after the Bash. Can be quite an intensive and tiring day - especially for the organisers 🙂 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

I'll post some suggestions for cheap accommodation. People do tend to go their separate ways after the Bash. Can be quite an intensive and tiring day - especially for the organisers 🙂 

True. That said, I wouldn't object to a swift half afterwards if anyone else fancied it..?

• Like 2