Why become a member? ×

The Big, Fat South-West Bass Bash 2024

scrumpymike

OK folks, time for the usual shout-out for two vital Bash ingredients: raffle prizes and pre-payments!

1.     RAFFLE PRIZES Please let us know what goodies you can bring so we've all got extra reasons for coming. As our regulars know already, pretty much everybody invariably ends up winning something - even if it's donated to them out of sympathy by one of the multiple winners. I'll kick things off with a couple of premium-quality Bash T-shirts 😮
  2.    PRE-PAYMENTS Those of you who are happy to pay your £13 in advance please ping me a PM and I'll send you payment details for PayPal or bank transfers. We need at least 20 of you to step up to the plate to make sure we have our costs covered. (NOTE: In practice, we've always been able to give refunds on the odd occasion when a pre-payer has been unable to attend.)

Thanks, and over to you!

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 1

scrumpymike - everything he owns unless he sells it between now and then

Rich- Shuker 5-string, something else (will toss a coin on the day), Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2, Barefaced Super 12T cab.

Kateplaysbass - Ashdown CTM-100 and LB212, Pawn Shop Mustang, medium scale ACG Finn, and maybe also ACG Recurve and Bass Collection 5 string fretless, since I'm thinking about offloading both of those

Woodinblack -  Bongo, because its lovely and uncommon, Acrylic bass, for shits and giggles, Chapman stick, Lava Me guitar

Richard R - Brawley 5 string, as usual, HB 5 String thing with Roland hex pickup and V-bass COSM synth.

BreadBin- something interesting

chyc - Double bass, Ashbory Bass, GSS 06B400MKD combo, BC 112mk3 cabinet, and on the request any of Warwick Streamer fretless, Sandberg Custom 5 with Delano XTender, Sandberg TT Marcus Miller rip-off, BC 110T cabinet, , Acoustic Image Coda

TRBboy - Frost Custom Basses PJ5 (my first build from scratch), Sandberg California TT5 Passive, possibly my customised Yamaha BBN5, Markbass Stu Amp 1000w, GR Bass GR 410+ (1200w, 4 ohm), a fairly unexciting pedal board 😅, & converted Trace 1x15" cab, if it's in a satisfactory state by then

Stub Mandrel - Joyo BadASS & PJB C2, American Vintage II 1960 Precision & Squier 40th Anniversary Precision for side by side comparison. Teisco/Kay Tulip for sh*ts and giggles. Sire P10.

obbm - '71 Jazz, '73 Precision, Sadowsky HPJ, Genzler Magellan 350, BF One10 x2, Pedals plus TBA plus raffle donation.

Chienmortbb - Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass, Sire Marcus Miller M2, Bugera Veyron. LFSys Monza Cabinet, Zoom B2Four.

JapanAxe - Fender Precision 1973, Fender Precision 1963 RI, Dingwall NG2 5, Dingwall D-Roc 4, Demeter VTBP-M-800D, Fender TB600, Barefaced Super Twin, Barefaced One 10, DIY Ampeg B15 clone, deal to be done on for-sale EBS HD360 30th Anniversary

Just adding my bits...

scrumpymike - everything he owns unless he sells it between now and then

Rich- Shuker 5-string, something else (will toss a coin on the day), Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2, Barefaced Super 12T cab.

Kateplaysbass - Ashdown CTM-100 and LB212, Pawn Shop Mustang, medium scale ACG Finn, and maybe also ACG Recurve and Bass Collection 5 string fretless, since I'm thinking about offloading both of those

Woodinblack -  Bongo, because its lovely and uncommon, Acrylic bass, for shits and giggles, Chapman stick, Lava Me guitar

Richard R - Brawley 5 string, as usual, HB 5 String thing with Roland hex pickup and V-bass COSM synth.

BreadBin- something interesting

chyc - Double bass, Ashbory Bass, GSS 06B400MKD combo, BC 112mk3 cabinet, and on the request any of Warwick Streamer fretless, Sandberg Custom 5 with Delano XTender, Sandberg TT Marcus Miller rip-off, BC 110T cabinet, , Acoustic Image Coda

TRBboy - Frost Custom Basses PJ5 (my first build from scratch), Sandberg California TT5 Passive, possibly my customised Yamaha BBN5, Markbass Stu Amp 1000w, GR Bass GR 410+ (1200w, 4 ohm), a fairly unexciting pedal board 😅, & converted Trace 1x15" cab, if it's in a satisfactory state by then

Stub Mandrel - Joyo BadASS & PJB C2, American Vintage II 1960 Precision & Squier 40th Anniversary Precision for side by side comparison. Teisco/Kay Tulip for sh*ts and giggles. Sire P10.

obbm - '71 Jazz, '73 Precision, Sadowsky HPJ, Genzler Magellan 350, BF One10 x2, Pedals plus TBA plus raffle donation.

Chienmortbb - Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass, Sire Marcus Miller M2, Bugera Veyron. LFSys Monza Cabinet, Zoom B2Four.

JapanAxe - Fender Precision 1973, Fender Precision 1963 RI, Dingwall NG2 5, Dingwall D-Roc 4, Demeter VTBP-M-800D, Fender TB600, Barefaced Super Twin, Barefaced One 10, DIY Ampeg B15 clone, deal to be done on for-sale EBS HD360 30th Anniversary

MichaelDean - Dingwall Combustion 5, 76 Fender Mustang, Revelation RPJ-77 (maybe? Still haven't finished that build 😅), pedalboard, Laney Digbeth DB500H, Zilla 212

• Like 1

On 15/09/2024 at 11:00, scrumpymike said:
  1.     RAFFLE PRIZES Please let us know what goodies you can bring so we've all got extra reasons for coming. As our regulars know already, pretty much everybody invariably ends up winning something - even if it's donated to them out of sympathy by one of the multiple winners. I'll kick things off with a couple of premium-quality Bash T-shirts 😮

I can throw in

1) a set of black GB7-alike tuners, came off my Spector Q4... they seem to be good quality, work perfectly with next to no slack, but the buttons are slightly tarnished;

2) my trusty old Zoom 509 Modulator multi-FX. I've had this thing since the late 17th century, it's stuffed full of nice modulation effects including a very good intelligent pitch shifter. I replaced the battery clip when the old one fell to bits, other than that it's always worked fine. I've fitted a new battery and I even have a copy of the original manual, albeit a bit water-damaged. If nothing else, it makes a brilliant headphone amp.

IMG_20240920_115058~2.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Thanks 1

Something else to add to the raffle list. Bitsbox PCB for a Rat clone. It's been sitting in the project drawer for ages and I never got any further than adding the IC socket. All the instructions are included but no components, although if I can find the IC I'll pop it in the socket.

IMG_20240920_142813.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

OK folks, it's the moment we've all been waiting for - this year's Bash menu

Sabby can get in touch about Vegan additions as per previous years.

I assume that your paypal has stayed the same as previous years?

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Something else to add to the raffle list. Bitsbox PCB for a Rat clone. It's been sitting in the project drawer for ages and I never got any further than adding the IC socket. All the instructions are included but no components, although if I can find the IC I'll pop it in the socket.

IMG_20240920_142813.jpg

IF you remind me before hand I can bring one. I think it says NE5534 but its not clear.