Why become a member? ×

The Big, Fat South-West Bass Bash 2024

scrumpymike

8 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Sure, no problem - so that will be the two of them? Let me have their names if they're definitely coming.

Will do. It will probably be sometime on Saturday.

8 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Should have added they'll be made most welcome 🙂

Cool - thanks.

Just the usual 'week before the Bash' shout-out for anyone with mains cable extension leads to please bring them.

Also, anyone who can arrive early (any time after 8.30am) and help with set-up will be most welcome and get their breakfast thrown in - their mouths, that is 🙂

• Like 4

Sadly I've had to pull out of this one. First a 4-hour rehearsal on the Sunday evening, then a last-minute theatre dep gig on the Saturday night - if I do the Bass Bash do I'll be good for nothing!

Have a great day guys and gals.

• Sad 3

OK I'm so moved my @scrumpymike's emoji-tears that I'm going to try to come for part of the day (by which I mean lunch of course!) but with reduced kit, namely:

- BF Super Twin

- Some of the heads

- 2x Dingwalls

If anyone particularly wants to get their hands on something in my sig, shout out and I'll bring it along.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chyc said:

Anyone with recommendations for a place to stay Sunday->Monday? Cheap is my top priority, then proximity to any post-bash pub session (if it happens).

I have a spare bed you're welcome to. If you help me put the duvet cover on, it's yours. :) It's not that close to the Bash venue alas, but it's in the right direction to your house.

1 hour ago, chyc said:

Anyone with recommendations for a place to stay Sunday->Monday? Cheap is my top priority, then proximity to any post-bash pub session (if it happens).

I've put the word out locally and will get back to you soonest.

@scrumpymike Attendance confirmed... although I'll be running off by 2 for a gig. Do I need to send you some funds?

Will have my Superbassman/610 rig, 2 Limelight Ps, 2 Sandberg TT Masterpieces, Acinonyx, pedalboards and upright with me for the shows so happy to set up anything anyone fancies trying out! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, knicknack said:

@scrumpymike Attendance confirmed... although I'll be running off by 2 for a gig. Do I need to send you some funds?

Will have my Superbassman/610 rig, 2 Limelight Ps, 2 Sandberg TT Masterpieces, Acinonyx, pedalboards and upright with me for the shows so happy to set up anything anyone fancies trying out! 

No, just pay on the door.

On 08/10/2024 at 20:11, scrumpymike said:

Just the usual 'week before the Bash' shout-out for anyone with mains cable extension leads to please bring them.

Also, anyone who can arrive early (any time after 8.30am) and help with set-up will be most welcome and get their breakfast thrown in - their mouths, that is 🙂

I'll get there as early as I can. I've got a gig the night before but it's only half an hour from home.

• Thanks 1

I'm out. 😭

Struck down by the  Lurgi during the week and still not got rid of it. Even if I wake up tomorrow feeling 100% and completely cough-freeI don't want to risk exhausting myself before the working week.

I have now been forced to drop out of more bashes than I have attended.😠

Edited by Richard R
Typo
  • Sad 3

I've just recovered from the same nasty illness. It's taken nearly two weeks to recover. Luckily I'm ok for tomorrow but it was touch and go only yesterday.

Hope you feel better soon.

Edited by spyder

BASH S.O.S. Last-minute lurgi and personal accident have decimated the Scrumpettes!!! As things stand, Gabs and Sabby will be the only full-timers in the kitchen plus a friend who can help first thing and come back around lunch-time. The normal number of helpers is six.

Soooo, do any of you Bashers have a partner or teenager who's handy in the kitchen and can be persuaded/bribed/kidnapped to help? Hopefully enough of you to avoid me having to spend the day in the 'engine room' 😐

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear that Mike - there are lurgis everywhere. Hope the family get well quickly. 

If you've not bought all the food  then why not just ask everyone to bring a packed lunch as the other bashes do? That's the ultimate "parallel processing" and saves you a lot of effort.

Edited by Richard R

Hi guys, I know I was tentative anyway, but I'm currently nuts deep in a kitchen renovation, so I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow 😒 Maybe next time! Hope it goes well 👌

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

Sorry to hear that Mike - there are lurgis everywhere. Hope the family get well quickly. 

If you've not bought all the food  then why not just ask everyone to bring a packed lunch as the other bashes do? That's the ultimate "parallel processing" and saves you a lot of effort.

Catering will be unaffected in terms of quality and quantity, as a lot of it can be prepped in advance; you might just have to queue a bit longer for it 🙂😋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kateplaysbass said:

I'm sorry everyone - I'm the latest casualty. Sounds like the same kind of thing that others have - I was hoping I'd feel sufficiently better by tomorrow, but I don't think I'm going to. Will miss seeing you all. 

Darn! I always like the stuff you bring. Wish you better soon.

• Like 1