Why become a member? ×

Best Wireless System

On 15/08/2024 at 22:21, sPiKi said:

I've been using this for about 2 years - Shure BLX14-K3E Wireless Guitar System with WA302 Cable - https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Shure-BLX14-K3E-Wireless-Guitar-System-with-WA302-Cable/TTW?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-confirmation&utm_source=txn-email&utm_content=ord-line

I haven't experienced one drop-out in that time and I am gigging every week, usually in small-medium venues ranging from about 100 to 300 people.

I changed from a Smooth-hound where I was getting more and more drop-outs at most gigs. Not exactly sure why but may have been overcrowded 2.4ghz channels, caused by in-house wifi networks and the increased number of mobile phones, but the Shure has been a revelation by comparison.

I would highly recommend this system. Our guitarist uses the Shure SLXD 14, which is double the price and he rates it highly too. 

Thanks for this. I’m looking for a pedal board style unit to shorten up setup times so I think I’m going to go with the GLXD16+

• Like 6

On 09/04/2024 at 11:18, acidbass said:

Yes, multiple times.  I blame congested wifi - never had any issues in smaller venues but it's the larger ones where you get the most benefit out of going wireless.  I bought the system as I saw Simon McBride was using the same thing on the Deep Purple tour but just not quite confident in it.

Quite agree. I've never once had an issue in a pub or in a festival-in-a-field type scenario (we play a lot of scooter and biker rallies) but every single hotel or rugby club is a nightmare. It's not dependent on the gear you bring, it's down to where you're bringing it to. My Shure (still on the 'non-plus) handles it all just fine, Amoon wireless bugs from one guitar is always the first to go, followed shortly by the G50 from the other guitar. It's one of the reasons I went analogue for IEMs.

On 13/08/2024 at 00:56, tauzero said:

You may want to move away from the 2.4GHz band to 5.8GHz...

This used to be really solid advice but it matters less and less these days. The first iphone which had 5.8ghz was the iphone 5, released in 2012. There's plenty going on in there now. 2.4 has more than enough bandwidth for what we need and a longer range (especially if not in direct line of sight), so there's pros and cons to both. The best thing to do is take a wifi scanner, space out your own devices, and run wired when you can. My pop punk band has a wireless mic, 3 wireless instrument systems, a tablet and 3 phones wirelessly connected to the mixer (admittedly not all all the time) and 2 digital wireless IEMs. We can make it work.

But I still take an ethernet cable and laptop for the corporate gigs. 😉

So the Shure arrived yesterday and I am very impressed. I used to think that my old Line6 G50 was road-ready but the Shure is built like the proverbial tank. Everything connected up as it should, and the battery is now fully charged (note: you have to connect/pair the transmitter with the receiver before the rechargeable battery in the transmitter will charge). The only negative is that the supplied cable to connect the transmitter to your bass feels a bit flimsy. 

Sadly, it arrived just too late to make it onto my board for last nights rehearsal so its first outing will be on the main stage at the North East’s largest bike festival on the 31st. What could possibly go wrong with this plan (although if anything does, having the direct input on the receiver will soon sort it out). 😎

• Like 1

On 22/08/2024 at 12:59, JPJ said:

So the Shure arrived yesterday and I am very impressed. I used to think that my old Line6 G50 was road-ready but the Shure is built like the proverbial tank. Everything connected up as it should, and the battery is now fully charged (note: you have to connect/pair the transmitter with the receiver before the rechargeable battery in the transmitter will charge). The only negative is that the supplied cable to connect the transmitter to your bass feels a bit flimsy. 

Sadly, it arrived just too late to make it onto my board for last nights rehearsal so its first outing will be on the main stage at the North East’s largest bike festival on the 31st. What could possibly go wrong with this plan (although if anything does, having the direct input on the receiver will soon sort it out). 😎

A few users here (myself included) swapped out the supplied cable for one from designacable. I thought it was definitely worth it, as I wanted a right-angled jack, rather than a straight one.

• Like 3

I recently jumped into the wireless world, but not wanting to spend big money that I don't have, and not wanting a cumbersome body pack, I eventually opted for the Nu>X C5-RC. I needed something that would most likely work with active basses (it does), and from the reviews I watched and read, the Nu>X systems seemed to be amongst the best at a price point I could afford. So far, it's all been good, but I've not tried the system outside my flat. I did think it wasn't working on my Schecter SLS Evil Twin but no, I'd turned a volume down before I switched over from my Schecter Riot and forgot to put it back up - which explained how the tuner could pick it up but still get no sound.

On 22/08/2024 at 12:59, JPJ said:

Yep its the best and the cable isn't great but I keep it as a spare and bought a new one from Designacable, in red so it looks cool 🤣

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TeresaFR said:

I recently jumped into the wireless world, but not wanting to spend big money that I don't have, and not wanting a cumbersome body pack, I eventually opted for the Nu>X C5-RC. I needed something that would most likely work with active basses (it does), and from the reviews I watched and read, the Nu>X systems seemed to be amongst the best at a price point I could afford. So far, it's all been good, but I've not tried the system outside my flat. I did think it wasn't working on my Schecter SLS Evil Twin but no, I'd turned a volume down before I switched over from my Schecter Riot and forgot to put it back up - which explained how the tuner could pick it up but still get no sound.

The Nux are great, particularly with the low interference 5.8 gHz.

I tried mine at an open air gig a short while back and my IEMs gave way long before the Nux did. Well actually more accurately the Nux didn't, even 100m down the track!

• Like 2