Why become a member? ×

Sting got a brand new toy?

sblueplanet

I really like the look of that bass. Not a fan of the SCPB's but this is a bass I'd like.

And can we please also acknowledge the fact Sting is almost 73 years old and looks like a 50-year-old? Man, that guy is fit. And so is his voice. Just saw this clip of Roxanne live a few weeks ago. He plays it in F (instead of G, the original key) and his voice is absolutely amazing. What a guy.

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

I really like the look of that bass. Not a fan of the SCPB's but this is a bass I'd like.

And can we please also acknowledge the fact Sting is almost 73 years old and looks like a 50-year-old? Man, that guy is fit. And so is his voice. Just saw this clip of Roxanne live a few weeks ago. He plays it in F (instead of G, the original key) and his voice is absolutely amazing. What a guy.

Bloody hell!
What a voice!

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Looks great in white

Certainly does, much better than the black one I threw together last month 🙂 

In my defence it's not a serious build, American lad messaged me about sound clips with different pickups in the P-bass spot. He mentioned Sting's new toy, I had a WRHB so pupped it in the pickup test bass. Vast swimming pool cavity is hidden below a plate.

Stingishbass.thumb.jpg.67047c746a52a57bcc228c7c97817848.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 16/07/2024 at 00:34, BassAgent said:

I saw Sting play yesterday. He used his old trusty 55.

Yeah I noticed a lot of the videos online from the most recent Sting 3.0 shows he had been using his old bass.

Did he play the old 55 the whole show?

I wonder why he’s not playing his new toy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2024 at 23:01, Chrisan2 said:

So if I understand the article right he has auctioned that one but got another made. Is that right? 

The full story appears to read that Sting has kept the original bass he has been using on the tour and a replica was built for the auction. Wonder if he even touched it 🤔