Why become a member? ×

Boss Katana 500 head

Bigwan

• 3 months later...

I'm a few months in with this amp now and I must say I really like it.  It's incredibly versatile.  For live work I've settled on a core tone and three main effects in addition to the drive, which are chorus, octaver and auto-wah.  At first I switched between them using bluetooth, but now I just have them marked on the setlist so switch between songs.  It's plenty loud enough through my FMC 4 ohm 1x10+1x12 cab that's rated at 600 watts.

I feel like I've hardly touched the surface of what it can do, but it's a fun ride so far!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

I'm a few months in with this amp now and I must say I really like it.  It's incredibly versatile.  For live work I've settled on a core tone and three main effects in addition to the drive, which are chorus, octaver and auto-wah.  At first I switched between them using bluetooth, but now I just have them marked on the setlist so switch between songs.  It's plenty loud enough through my FMC 4 ohm 1x10+1x12 cab that's rated at 600 watts.

I feel like I've hardly touched the surface of what it can do, but it's a fun ride so far!

Thanks for reporting back now you’ve had it a few months. I have the 210 combo and love everything about it apart from how heavy it is. Tempted by one of these but not sure it’s worth the extra cost to swap from the combo for my use.

BassBros have a second hand one (and matching cab) which I’m trying to avoid!

https://bassbros.co.uk/product/boss-katana-500-bass-head/

1 hour ago, Happypants said:

BassBros have a second hand one (and matching cab) which I’m trying to avoid!

https://bassbros.co.uk/product/boss-katana-500-bass-head/

Yes I spotted that.  Personally I wouldn't get the cab as it's rear ported, which I never like for live work.  The amp is clearly a good deal though....