Why become a member? ×

BOSS ME90B (here at last)

glassmoon

5 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Odd experience with this pedal. It just went silent a few songs into its first gig last night. There were all sorts of tech issues going on so I just went bass straight into amp via cable only to the end. Tested the boss this morning and odd behaviours continued. It worked in manual mode so I tinkered around changing effects and stuff just to see if any problems flared up. Then the compressor wouldn't switch on, but the light above the description part was on, when I pressed the foot switch the light only came on until I released the switch. Odd. I changed the compressor type and it was fine, then changed back to the one I wanted, fine again. Very odd. I haven't had this before. 

Sounds like it might have Windows 98 running inside. 😳

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Big Low End said:

Sounds like it might have Windows 98 running inside. 😳

I'm going to plug it into the laptop tonight to see if there's a firmware update needed. All of the issues seem to be on the compressor side which is really annoying! I've got loads of gigs coming up, I can't really afford to be without something and I sold off all my individual pedals... 

10 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

I'm going to plug it into the laptop tonight to see if there's a firmware update needed. All of the issues seem to be on the compressor side which is really annoying! I've got loads of gigs coming up, I can't really afford to be without something and I sold off all my individual pedals... 

Best of luck, it might just be something like firmware. Please let us know how you get on.

Ran a firmware update... Haven't had the same problems since. Also tinkered through the presets tonight and looked at the Tone Library thingy. Some good presets on there, hidden amongst loads of sound effects. 

Overall I have to say that the old GT10-B was "better". It had tons of very usable presets and was infinitely programmable. The ME90-B is very good, I still need to get more under the skin of it, but busy gig and home schedules mean I just need it ready to go. More to discover with this, I'm sure. But for Saturday I just need a good core tone, a good overdrive, and some chorus and delay.

• Like 1