Why become a member? ×

Squier Debut Series

Can't find a single review of these anywhere yet. Come on, you lot - someone needs to buy one and report back!
The Strats are allegedly anywhere between 6.6lb and > 10lb 😮

On 23/04/2024 at 11:02, PaulThePlug said:

Amazon Special... nothing on the Fender Website...

This Green Meanie for £175...

https://www.fender.com/en-GB/squier-electric-basses/precision-bass/limited-edition-squier-sonic-precision-bass/0373901535.html

Crying out for a Kawasaki ZX750RR logo...

That would look great with a painted finish black neck

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Anyone tried one of these?

Tempted, reviews say better than affinity series

Reviews say a lot.  The one you get might be good or bad, "better" than an Affinity or "worse".

• Like 1

I was looking at a Debut as a modding base, but I ended up going for a Sonic instead (£30 more), because the average weights of the Sonics seemed to be lower. Mine came in at 8lb 11oz; not a boat anchor but more than I was expecting. Now that I've hacked a cavity in it big enough for a MM-type pickup, and some weight relief holes under the scratchplate, it's 8lb 4oz, and I should be able to get it down to 8lb with lightweight tuners.
Spent about £230 in total so far. Proper alnico pickup and 2-band Stingray pre-amp circuit. Definitely better value than those new passive ceramic pickup Sterlings at £349 O.o

Edited by MartinB
Typo

Having looked at the listing on Amazon, it seems like part of the price is from the digital lessons package they include with the bass, and apparently the body is thinned down from the usual to save even more weight. 100% a first bass type deal, which for the money, isn't a bad thing I don't think. Quality dependant, of course. 

• 2 weeks later...