Why become a member? ×

Bryant 3/4 John Lott Model double bass (ready to gig asap and now reduced!!) - *SOLD*
£6500
Aylesbury, Bucks UK

[NOW SOLD]
Lovely 2010 Bryant handmade British double bass. This is one of his top models and thus more costly than his other models.

Serial number 91.

John Lott flat back model 

3/4 size

Scale length 41.25”/105cm

Back wood English Sycamore.

Front wood is medium grained Alpine spruce.

Neck is high grade Ebony (as are the nut and tailpiece).

Beautiful tuning machines (Baker Model) and tail-pin complete this lovely instrument.

It’s in great condition and has been well looked after/maintained/set up by the great Laurence Dixon. He put some lovey ebony ‘feet’ on the treble side to help prevent damaging the instrument when it’s laid on the side.

The instrument is in Aylesbury, Bucks, UK.

Feel free to ask for any further info.

IMG_2890.jpeg

Edited by Bass Wielder
Update
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Lovely - I played one of these at Paul's house in 2019. Big sound! I ended up with his Soloist basses instead, due to me being a short-arse. 

Laurence Dixon knows how to get the best out of these basses, too. 

Edited by Duckyincarnate

6 hours ago, Duckyincarnate said:

Lovely - I played one of these at Paul's house in 2019. Big sound! I ended up with his Soloist basses instead, due to me being a short-arse. 

Laurence Dixon knows how to get the best out of these basses, too. 

Very, very nice indeed.

Big indeed! 
LD is the best!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Beautiful bass and an absolute bargain for a handmade British bass. If I had the funds it would be mine. My old French bass is strung with Chorda’s so bowing plain gut is proving a challenge though Paul Chambers, Major Holly, Slam Stewart and Edgar Meyer make a glorious sound on their gut stringed instruments. (I had some lessons with Ben Wolfe and he told me Edgar played his Chorda strung bass and it sounded fantastic). 

Edited by bassadder
  • Thanks 1

• Bass Wielder changed the title to Bryant 3/4 John Lott Model double bass (reduced)
  • Bass Wielder changed the title to Bryant 3/4 John Lott Model double bass (ready to gig asap and now reduced!!)

I've got a "lott" Bryant, bought it off Paul , also maintained by Laurence Dixon

It has a big rich plummy refined tone , fantastic bass and they're basically half the price of other hand made English basses

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, spencer.b said:

I've got a "lott" Bryant, bought it off Paul , also maintained by Laurence Dixon

It has a big rich plummy refined tone , fantastic bass and they're basically half the price of other hand made English basses

I hear ya!

Raise the volume even more😂

It’s waiting on its new owner impatiently😉

5 hours ago, Bloopdad1 said:

Might have a buyer for the bass. 

A friend is looking to upgrade her bass and I've strongly reccomend she tries the Bryant. 

Hopefully she'll be in touch soon. 

Much appreciated! Hopefully it does happen (then you can have a coffee on me😇)🤞🏾

2 hours ago, essexbasscat said:

What a lovely instrument, if circumstances were different this would be mine. Good luck with the sale

Trade him your saxophone (I jest) . Couldn't afford a new set of strings for a DB myself .

Plus I'd have to get it altered to lefty and some mandolin fretwire frets installed (I jest), about the frets anyway!!!!!

GLWTS Bass Wielder dude.

Edited by JottoSW1
Clarification about frets left hand an option if I had six k plus cost of leftyising
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Bass Wielder changed the title to Bryant 3/4 John Lott Model double bass (NOW SOLD)