Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb BO4 - Made in Germany 2022- **1600 EUR/1350 GBP** - *SOLD*
£1600
Italy

Posted (edited)

Up for sale an immaculate 2022 German made Teambuilt Warwick Thumb bolt-on 4, purchased new 5 months ago. One gig and home use: not a single scratch, ding, dong... immaculate condition. Nice grained ovangkol body and neck, wenge fingerboard, golden hardware from factory (those usually came with nickel or black hardware),MEC active Gold pickups and two band preamp. With these recent builds Warwick guys are back to slimmer necks and bronze frets. So it plays like butter and has THE Warwick signature punchy, growly low mids in spades. Weight is 4,1 Kgs.

Comes with all the papers, tools, candies in the nice Warwick gig bag.

1600 GBP or 1850 EUR, shipped to you door with traceable Air Courier shipment. Only UK and EU countries.

IMG_5334.thumb.JPG.05a5b69ed1c1aedd6497cddf2f8c5bac.JPGIMG_5336.JPG.6cf39b2fcbeb6cace812c3a84751c314.JPGIMG_5340.JPG.32ab9cba0f94591826a867c56b74c2b6.JPGIMG_5341.JPG.1957be916b7f1f5940a45fb5f081ce48.JPGIMG_5342.thumb.JPG.50d1a0dc12fe157caeae493be2bcd5c3.JPG

Edited by michele
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

Couple of shots to show that this beauty is not one of the usual, boring “plain” looking Thumbs of the last decade…

Tiger-eye on the upper horn… 

IMG_6018.thumb.jpeg.936d2424a8adfddea27e7f1873fcd316.jpeg

Edited by michele

• michele changed the title to Warwick Thumb BO4 - Made in Germany 2022- 24 HOURS SALE AT 1300 GBP THEN BYE BYE-
  • michele changed the title to Warwick Thumb BO4 - Made in Germany 2022-
Posted (edited)

Bass is back for sale.  
I’ve been contacted by some guy … the kind of guy I usually don’t waste my time even talking to. 

As a result I missed locally a bass I lusted for a long time. My bad… 

So, some word to the wise:

1) I won’t even talk with someone who isn’t a regular here. Not to mention lurkers and clowns..

2) price is 1600 euros including shipping and insurance.

3) only method of payment is money transfer to my bank account. As money come in the bass goes out.

Simple as that.

Edited by michele

Same bass (except mine has gold hardware from factory) demoed by the great player/funny guy Kade Tuner.

At the beginning he goes through the specs for both the 4 and the 5 strings. 
Demo of the 4 strings starts at minute 6:00.

This baby has a nice percussive quality to the tone which is very even from the lowest to the highest note. Exquisite piano clarity voice.

• michele changed the title to Warwick Thumb BO4 - Made in Germany 2022- **1600 EUR/1350 GBP**

After two transactions gone bad because the stupid funds block, I was notified by PayPal that from now on the system won’t block money flow into my account anymore.

So from now on I will accept PayPal payments.
Mind however that in this case 1) I will not include the insurance because it’s already included in PayPal Goods and Services, and 2) I will ship the bass only after the transfer from my PayPal account to my Bank account is completed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/06/2024 at 04:01, michele said:

After two transactions gone bad because the stupid funds block, I was notified by PayPal that from now on the system won’t block money flow into my account anymore.

So from now on I will accept PayPal payments.
Mind however that in this case 1) I will not include the insurance because it’s already included in PayPal Goods and Services, and 2) I will ship the bass only after the transfer from my PayPal account to my Bank account is completed.

I'm not 100% sure that the payment is secure even at this point.  Lots of scams that could be used for scammers to get the bass and their cash back. 

Be careful. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks man… 

to be honest I was just wondering what crossed my mind about this Paypal nonsense…

I have +20 years recorded history here , on Talkbass and MercatinoMusicale. I’ve had people wiring to my account “Fodera money” so to speak, I have a golden reputation and, nonetheless, suddenly some jerk pops up claiming he’s “more comfortable” with Paypal.

You are right my friend. 
To the potential buyer: 1600 eur into my bank account… that’s the only way. It’s a hell of a BASS for that amount of money… it’s a brand new German Thumb almost 50% off it’s price. I’m not in a hurry to sale.

Edited by michele

• michele changed the title to **SOLD**Warwick Thumb BO4 - Made in Germany 2022- **1600 EUR/1350 GBP**