Why become a member? ×

Too much gear!

mcgraham

I don't have a threshold, but if I decide I want a particular guitar or a bass and I have no free cash to go chasing one, I'll look at what I can move on to make the money to buy what it is I want.
If something hasn't been out of a case in 6 months, that's usually a pretty good reason to get rid.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='491615' date='May 18 2009, 05:25 PM']....Next item up for sale will be a virtually unused Barnes & Mullins 5-string banjo in a beautiful quality hardcase....[/quote]
What's the definition of perfect pitch?

Hmmmm............ I have too many basses (9)

A few are vintage so those are going nowhere. Unfortunately they do not have enough strings.

Several 5 strings are cheap and cheerful but I really enjoy playing them and they are worth more to me than what the market would offer me.

One is the only 5 string that I have which is immune to the induction loop system in church. I do not enjoy playing it as an instrument, but it has a piezo sound like no other. When I find something that has a similar sound I will sell this one.

One of the good things is being able to lend basses out to people to "have a go on bass". I very infrequently have all the basses in the house at the same time. (I used to lend my '66 Jazz out to loads of different people and then I thought about what could go wrong so that stays at home.)

I have too many, but have no need to sell them for financial reasons so just enjoy rotating them for different gigs.

Not sure what that has added to the conversation really.

I've got way too much stuff too...Not too much great stuff either...quite a lot of riff raff I got through the years that after a few plays at home really didn't work for me.

My last buy was a Traben Array LTD 5-string...Awesome tone and the Spalt is to die for...but it doesn't work for me feel wise...The neck is nice it's just the body shape doesn't work for me but have I sold it?
No!
I want to, it really needs an owner but I often ask does anyone want it and how do I sell it?
If I put it up for sale here I have no PayPal account...*sigh*

So I also have a lot of stuff and it angers me to the point I just want to sell it all but how?
I'm that mad that I bought so much £300 basses instead of saving I could just go mad LOL!

So you are not alone...But it's a pig to get in gear to sell...Just...think before your next buy I guess.

[quote name='Kongo' post='492014' date='May 18 2009, 11:31 PM']I want to, it really needs an owner but I often ask does anyone want it and how do I sell it?
If I put it up for sale here I have no PayPal account...*sigh*.[/quote]

Put an ad in the "for sale" section here. Either get a PayPal account, or specify that you will only accept cash on collection. It will reduce the size of your market, and probably the amount that you can get for it, but at least you'll manage to shift it.

Another option is [url="http://leicester.gumtree.com/leicester/9018_1.html"]gumtree[/url].

S.P.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='492066' date='May 19 2009, 07:08 AM']Put an ad in the "for sale" section here. Either get a PayPal account, or specify that you will only accept cash on collection. It will reduce the size of your market, and probably the amount that you can get for it, but at least you'll manage to shift it.

Another option is [url="http://leicester.gumtree.com/leicester/9018_1.html"]gumtree[/url].

S.P.[/quote]

Or electronic bank transfer or cheque or postal order ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='492115' date='May 19 2009, 09:06 AM']Or electronic bank transfer or cheque or postal order ...[/quote]

Indeed. Or invite trades. You're looking for a head and cab, and you've got stuff to spare. Seems like a no-brainer. You'll get an amp for, effectively, nothing, and some other lucky sod will get a bass for, effectively, nothing.

S.P.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='492066' date='May 19 2009, 07:08 AM']Another option is [url="http://leicester.gumtree.com/leicester/9018_1.html"]gumtree[/url].

S.P.[/quote]

Oh, using gumtree to sell anything of worth is a waste of time in my experience - all you get are a bunch of scammers who are not local to you who are happy to pay more than the thing cost to get it sent to friend/relative in Africa somewhere.

Also +1 for bank transfer. You should have no qualms about dealing in this way with established members here. Done it on several occasions and it's all gone smoothly. See if they have a thread in the feedback forum.

If I sell something, I'll end up replacing it with something else I don't use as much as my main bass/rig. Either that, or the money will disappear into my bank account, and the longer I leave it the harder I'll find it to justify spending what I made off of the sales.

I may stick the list up in the For Sale section and see if anyone is interested on trades.

Mark

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='492066' date='May 19 2009, 07:08 AM']Put an ad in the "for sale" section here. Either get a PayPal account, or specify that you will only accept cash on collection. It will reduce the size of your market, and probably the amount that you can get for it, but at least you'll manage to shift it.

S.P.[/quote]

Well I've just bought a Cab from a guy here pretty much as long as my bank doesn't mess up which it shouldn't.
TBH the only stuff I got left isn't that great but I guess if I flog it it's out of my mind...It would releive a BIG weight!
I want fewer but better basses. My BTB's and my P and J bass are to stay but everything else can go.
The only bass I'd want to get something back on is my Traben which is brand new, been used less than 4 hours I'd say so I'd want at least half but the others I could flog.

I'll have a think but they ain't Warwicks or nothing.
The only bass that went over a year ago was a Peavey Cirrus 6 (USA)...for obvious reasons lol....*sigh* REAL nice bass that but I needed cash and my Ibanez plays better, even though it doesn't sound as good it was a good compromise.

Anyways I'll have a think about setting up PayPal...I've bought things using it just not got money paid to ME and I don't quite know how.
I'd rather it be this was as the market is wide open. Only problemo is without a flight case sending basses is a risk...although I've had alot shipped to me in boxed no problem.

I shall look into PayPal.
Thanks.