Why become a member? ×

New batch of 3leaf audio Doom 2 dropped. Still in stock

lidl e

Yay!! My Doom 2 just arrived.

Fantastic 2 day delivery service from DHL - departed from Seattle on Monday,  and arrived here at home in Scotland before midday today.

20240626_120020.jpg

Edited by kevin_lindsay
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Yay!! My Doom 2 just arrived.

Fantastic 2 day delivery service from DHL - departed from Seattle on Monday,  and arrived here at home in Scotland before midday today.

20240626_120020.jpg

sonofab***h 😅 mine dispatched yesterday and I'm also in Scotland, so hopefully arrives as quickly and as easily!

• Like 1

My pedal arrived Monday and had a few days to play around with it. First and foremost, my cats hate it. They slink away as soon as they hear it. HOWEVER, I love it. I honestly thought it would be just another fuzz with a lot of hype around and I was mostly getting it to complete my 3 Leaf Audio collection. But it turns out it's an amazing circuit. It's really responsive to dynamics, I particularly like tuning the Gain knob down and getting a tube-ish overdrive. It also goes hard, with it getting octave fuzz-like above the 12th fret. And synth tones to die for.

Only thing I'm not getting my head round are the X-over and Your/You're switches. I don't hear much difference with the former, and the latter just seems to give a  scooped sound. What they do isn't clearly explained in the instruction sheet. That said, the pedal sounds great.

PS the lettering glows in the dark.

• Like 1

I got mine also couple of days ago.  I think its great I am currently pairing it with a Wonderlove and I think it sounds great.  I am waiting on a Xerograph D and hoping it will be even better.

The Your/You're switch is up is the Doom circuit more synthy (I cant be bothered trying to find the right blurb) but the down should be more normal fuzz.  The X over used to say bass.  In the up position you have the unaffected bass coming through and the fuzz circuit is only applied to the mid and treb frequencies.  The bass knob is not the bass in the EQ but the dry volume and the mid and treb knobs only affect the fuzz circuit in case you were wondering lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

My pedal arrived Monday and had a few days to play around with it. First and foremost, my cats hate it. They slink away as soon as they hear it. HOWEVER, I love it. I honestly thought it would be just another fuzz with a lot of hype around and I was mostly getting it to complete my 3 Leaf Audio collection. But it turns out it's an amazing circuit. It's really responsive to dynamics, I particularly like tuning the Gain knob down and getting a tube-ish overdrive. It also goes hard, with it getting octave fuzz-like above the 12th fret. And synth tones to die for.

Only thing I'm not getting my head round are the X-over and Your/You're switches. I don't hear much difference with the former, and the latter just seems to give a  scooped sound. What they do isn't clearly explained in the instruction sheet. That said, the pedal sounds great.

Best explanation of all dials and switches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK3Dn4xjnl4&t=288s

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

The x-over means the dry signal knob brings in a low-pass-filtered dry signal instead of a full range one. It basically brings on only the lower frequencies from your dry bass sound, which is often a better way to blend in with the wet (distorted) signal. To hear what it does, dial out the wet signal entirely and flip the toggle between the two positions. 

• Like 2