Why become a member? ×

Sterling SB 14 Body With US Musicman Neck £580
£700
Lancaster

ash

Posted (edited)

This is a Sterling SB14 body with a maple USA EBMM Sterling neck. I bought the neck from eBay and the SB14 from this site. I was looking for a candy apple red bass with a maple board neck but couldn’t find one so I built my own! This has been my main gigging bass for a few years but owing to fretting hand issues I’m now selling my long scale basses. I’ll regret this as I’ve invested quite a bit of gigging life into this one but it’s now gathering dust. 

The bass has Hipshot tuners and a drop D tuner fitted. The active electronics sound as good to me as my full fat US Sterling bass. It’s light at 3.9kgs and plays really well. There is a scratch at the top edge of the neck near the fretboard -  I thought it was a hairline crack but my luthier said it was nothing to worry about. See fifth picture. 

It comes with the installed Armstrong black scratchplate and the original white one.

There is a Sterling gigbag included. I’d swap for a JMJ Mustang and put some money in. Or a black and maple MiM Mustang PJ or Sterling Stingray Short Scale and you can put some money in.

I’d prefer pickup but can post at buyer’s cost UK only. 

IMG_7165.jpeg

IMG_7166.jpeg

IMG_7168.jpeg

IMG_7169.jpeg

IMG_7161.jpeg

IMG_7162.jpeg

IMG_7160.jpeg

IMG_7159.jpeg

IMG_7158.jpeg

IMG_7163.jpeg

Edited by ash
Price amended
  • Like 12

• ash changed the title to Sterling SB 14 Body With US Musicman Neck £650
  • ash changed the title to Sterling SB 14 Body With US Musicman Neck £580

Trade offers need to be sent by PM only please and no sorry, I am no longer playing long scale basses and am only interested in the short scale instruments specifically mentioned. All the best. 

• Like 1