Why become a member? ×

IEM receiver compatibility

Posted (edited)

Our band is venturing into IEM land for the first time.  We have a Phenyx Pro transmitter that came with one receiver bodypack. It accommodates a max of four.  I'm having difficulty finding a Phenyx receiver pack to buy for myself.  Will another brand receiver work if I make sure the frequency range is in limits?

Thanks in advance to the vastly experienced BC community. 

Edited by NoRhino

On 27/05/2024 at 20:25, NoRhino said:

Our band is venturing into IEM land for the first time.  We have a Phenyx Pro transmitter that came with one receiver bodypack. It accommodates a max of four.  I'm having difficulty finding a Phenyx receiver pack to buy for myself.  Will another brand receiver work if I make sure the frequency range is in limits?

Thanks in advance to the vastly experienced BC community. 

It's difficult to say for certain.

One thing that might be worth checking, is the frequency range it's operating in. From what I could see on the website, it doesn't look like it operates in the UK available frequencies (apologies if you're not in the UK) so you may have problems.

4 hours ago, jimmyb625 said:

It's difficult to say for certain.

One thing that might be worth checking, is the frequency range it's operating in. From what I could see on the website, it doesn't look like it operates in the UK available frequencies (apologies if you're not in the UK) so you may have problems.

Thanks.  I'm in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

The chap in the band who bought the system used it live last week and it worked perfectly.   Frequency range is 555-575MHz

The receiver pack I can find online is 500-570MHz