Why become a member? ×

Hello from Pennsylvania USA

Hello all,

Just recently discovered your wonderful site and thought I'd take a minute and say hello.  So, Hello.

Been playing Bass since 1982, I guess I'm an old timer anymore.... but it's still lots of fun.

Welcome aboard! :crigon_04:

I can never read the name Pennsylvania without mentally adding a shout of "6-5000" at then end of it. I'm way too young to have that stuck in my head!

What do you play? I'm guessing Stingray?

Hey Now... Thanks for all the welcomes...  I apologize... i walked away for a while and didn't realize I was still logged in... wasn't ignoring anyone...
Here's what I put in my profile, I haven't gotten round to uploading photos, I never really did much of that kind of thing. I always felt like I was being pretentious or something similar....

PLAYING BASS SINCE 1982

'82 P Bass - Black/Maple (bought it new @ 15 yrs old)

'98 SR5 H Black/Maple

'12 SR5 Classic H  Special Edition: Active/Passive, Black/BE Maple

'15 SR5 Classic H Black/Rose

'17 Jazz Bass Am Pro V Black/Maple

'24 Pbass V Am Pro II 3TSB/Rosewood

'04 Ampeg SVT 3 Pro (USA) - Ampeg PR410hlf  QSC: GX5

Sunn Coliseum 300 - Acoustic 406 2x15

As for "what" do I play? as in Music? Pretty much anything but "Country" or high end Jazz..  I'm "capable physically" of ripping fusion Jazz solos...it never appealed to me, to play.... Although... I do love it. 

I started Trombone  8 yrs old then bagged it for Bass...   I bought my Pbass in '82... I still have it... COUNTLESS THOUSANDS of hours on that Bass... My War Horse ha..

I cut my early Bass teeth on records Sabbath, Maiden, Yes, Rush, Zeppelin, Zappa, Hendrix, The Who, Motown, Stevie Wonder & Lot's of 70's slap funk!!   Entwistle, Geezer & Squire were my favs to learn from...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stinger Ray said:

Really Dig The PENNSYLVANIA 6-5000 reference! 🤙

Likewise. I was disproportionately sad to learn the hotel closed in 2020 and still had that phone number :(  

Anyway, welcome to the forum!