Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Jaguar SS with Hipshot Licensed Ultralight - *SOLD*
£240
Bromley

Posted (edited)

I bought this short-scale bass here a few months ago. It is, in my opinion, is the best sounding bass I have. Imagine a good P bass but fatter due to the short scale, but still plenty of clarity. (Or for simplicity imagine a good Mustang). It also has a supercomfortable neck. And it is extremely good looking.

But as it turns out, I cannot play short scale basses (unless of the longer semihollow variety), I feel cramped and my back hurts. So this is getting little use and it is now up for sale.

It is in good condition. Some small scratches which I have tried to capture in pictures. Some clearer/darker bits in the neck - I had the exact same issue in a Jazz VM I bought a while ago. But does not look at all dodgy to me, I would assume it has to do with light  The finish is there, the neck is stable.

Tuning stability is helped by the hipshot licensed ultralight I have installed. I put them there as, like most jaguars, especially lightweight ones such as this, it was a massive neck diver.

The tuners have helped a lot. As you can see in the video I have uploaded, it mostly stays in place with a good strap. It is still neck heavy, would slowly slide down if you move around for a while. This was bothering me as I play with floating thumb and I am obsessed with perfect balance but I must say this bass is no more neck heavy than any lightweight P bass with normal tuners. 

I bought it for 220 pounds posted. The small price increase reflects the Hipshot tuners. Note that I have left the original screws in, up to you if you want to remove them and maybe fill. I like it as it is.

Strings are Newtone Diamond nickels with round core, 45-105. Not fresh anymore but they sound great and they are superflexible.

Pick up from Bromley, or I can meet in central London but I am not there very often.

20240530_105546.jpg

20240530_105623.jpg

20240530_105612.jpg

20240530_105631.jpg

20240530_105638.jpg

20240530_105651.jpg

20240530_105606.jpg

Edited by Paolo85
  • Like 1

• Paolo85 changed the title to Squier VM Jaguar SS with Hipshot Licensed Ultralight SOLD