Why become a member? ×

Opinion about Spector basses

Posted (edited)

Hi guys! Im new on the group and I wanted to ask you something (or maybe I need I little bit of help). I get the offer to get a Spector Rebop 5 DLX for €1100, I just saw the bass and its okay, a bit used (some war scars) but it sounds great (I used to have a Rebop years ago so I know how they sound). But in other way I really like the Spector NS Pulse Cinder 5 but I never played this one, tho I know the neck is a little bit thinner than the rebop (mostly like the legends wich I have one) but I dont know too much about the sound and a new one its about €1200. So my question is wich one you would recomend to go for? 
Thanks!

Edited by Nachete

I bought a new 5-string ReBop DLX in 2015, which was around the time the DLX model was being discontinued in favour of the MM.  Possibly connected to the run-out of the DLX, mine came fitted with EMG DC active pickups instead of the more usual HZ pickups. 

I still love the sound and feel of this bass, but it did feel a little neck-heavy, so I fitted a set of Gotoh lightweight machineheads.  A bit pricey, but worth it as they have made a noticeable improvement in the balance.