Why become a member? ×

FS/FT - 1974 Fender Jazz Bass, all original in black - sale price now £2600
£3200
Wakefield

Posted (edited)

1974 Fender Jazz Bass in black with 3 bolt maple neck with pearl inlays and cream binding. I believe black was a custom colour at this time.

The bass is all original except for one of the pots which is stamped 1975 and was presumably fitted at that time to replace a faulty one. Comes with bridge and pickup chrome covers, thumb rest and it’s original hang tags.

The body has some mojo as seen in the pics with one noticeable scar on the upper body edge and buckle rash on the rear. Otherwise it’s pretty clean. The neck is very clean and the binding is all intact. The truss rod works as it should and the neck is straight with plenty of life in the frets.

It plays really well with the growl you’d expect. Weighs in at 9lb 6oz on the digi scales.

The Fender case is not original to the bass but is correct for the era. It’s in really good nick as well.

I think this is one for meet up only and inspection is welcome.

After consulting some folk I’ve valued it at £3200. I will consider p/x for a nice modern jazz style bass plus cash my way.

For a straight sale I’m now asking £2600

I’m based in Wakefield but happy to travel upto a couple of hours to meet seriously interested parties.

PM me for any further info.

IMG_0931.jpeg

IMG_0936.jpeg

IMG_0932.jpeg

IMG_0934.jpeg

IMG_0933.jpeg

IMG_0938.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_0935.jpeg

Edited by mikegatward
Price drop
  • Like 18

• 1 month later...
  • mikegatward changed the title to FS/FT - 1974 Fender Jazz Bass, all original in black - sale price now £2600