Why become a member? ×

Barber LTD

risingson

I've heard good things about this, but I wanted to know first hand from some users just how good. I'm putting together a small board and I want rid of my Tech 21 Bass XXL for something a little more subtle and less 'distortion-ish' (that pedal does not do subtle well, even if it sounds great).

I'm basically after a bass sound like 'Rock and Roll Is Dead' by Lenny Kravitz, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqzzAyGl3zA). Any other help or suggestions on other pedals would also be welcomed!

Cheers :)

The Barber LTD is great, there's a silver edition in the classifieds right now, which sits between the standard (slightly more muddy, boosted midrange) and SR (more flat and transparent) in terms of tone. I'm really happy with my modded Bad Monkey, but I'm going to build myself an LTD silver some day, the schematic is on the Barber site.

[quote name='umph' post='493130' date='May 20 2009, 11:38 AM']just crank the upper mids on your amp[/quote]

Yeh, not completely straight forward as that, I can get a decent sound out of my amp fine, but just after some help on getting a close enough tone. But ta anyways :)

[quote]The Barber LTD is great, there's a silver edition in the classifieds right now, which sits between the standard (slightly more muddy, boosted midrange) and SR (more flat and transparent) in terms of tone. I'm really happy with my modded Bad Monkey, but I'm going to build myself an LTD silver some day, the schematic is on the Barber site.[/quote]

Cheers for the info! Will definitely look into it.