Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Walkabout combo *on hold* - *SOLD*
£700
South Essex nr M25

Posted (edited)

There was a time when I thought this day would never come, but hay ho,  this is my Walkabout combo with the 12" speaker

I bought this combo probably something like 8 -10 years ago during my ideal tone hunting days to find out what all the talk was about, it's been my go - to rig ever since. I've done something like 1000 + gigs with this combo and it's never missed a beat, it's been absolutely faultless and 100% reliable. If I could carry on with the weight I honesly wouldn't be letting it go, it's not that heavy compared to many rigs but the reality is I'm not getting any younger, my personal circumstances have changed and lighter rigs are the way to go for me now

This rig has been the benchmark against which all other amp have been judged since it came to me, it has the oomph or wallop or whatever you want to call it, along with the tonal flexibility to adapt to any situation I've found myself in. I also like the basic voice of the combo, which isn't always the case with other amps. I've tried more that a few class D amps and none of them have the weight to their basic sound that the walkabout has. What's more, although the walkabout is rated at only 300 watts, that 300 ohms is louder than the 800 ohms of other class D amps. Since it came to me I've always used a clean sound, so never pushed the gain beyond around 10.30 -ish.     

It comes with the four wheel flight case, which is probably why it's in such nice condition. There's some light scuffing to the corners, but that's it. Apart from that, it's in good condition or better. 

I won't be splitting the amp from the speaker, it's selling as a combo or not at all. I'm not that worred if it doesn't sell, as it's one of the best pieces of equipment I've ever owned. If you want to find out what gives the Walkabout it's reputation, this is the one for you. I'll stand by this combo, it's been faultless all the way and if it's treated right, I don't see any reason why it won't continue for years to come. 

it's £700.00 firm, I paid slightly more for it when I bought it and I've never regretted it since. I'd much prefer collection, but will talk about other options if needed 

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

Edited by essexbasscat
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oomph? Wallop? The term you are seeking is ‘heft’ 👌

I’ve some electric gigs this summer and would love to get a Walkabout, consider me interested 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beedster said:

Oomph? Wallop? The term you are seeking is ‘heft’ 👌

I’ve some electric gigs this summer and would love to get a Walkabout, consider me interested 👍

Heft, indeed, Chris ! 😁

I have the 15" version of this combo and agree with everything you've said about the Walkabout combos, @essexbasscat.

IMHO, there's something very special about them due, I think, to the combination of the valve pre + mosfets in the amp, paired with the  uber-clever cab design with it's downward firing passive speaker... 

Whatever it is, it's a glorious combination of sound! 

GLWTS (not that you'll need it..) 👍😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• essexbasscat changed the title to Mesa Boogie Walkabout combo *on hold*
  • 3 weeks later...
  • essexbasscat changed the title to Mesa Boogie Walkabout combo *sold*