Why become a member? ×

*PRICE DROP* Fender JMJ Mustang (Daphne Blue w/ Hipshot Ultralites)
£950
Haywards Heath

JoeS

Posted (edited)

*Price drop to £850 collected with the stock tuners, £900 collected with Ultralites*

Reluctantly adding my JMJ Mustang to the several that have appeared in this particular corner of BC in recent weeks.

I’ve listed this twice before over the past year and withdrawn it both times, but having gigged it over the weekend it’s time to accept that Mustangs just aren’t for me.

The bass is now slightly more road worn than when it left the factory, but any additional nicks are cosmetic only. To be honest, unless you compared it to a brand new one you’d be hard pressed to tell which dings were done on purpose and which have happened more, er, organically.

I recently had the stock tuners replaced with Hipshot Ultralites (lollipop, of course) in the hope that these would cure the bass’s tendency to want to hang horizontally and make me fall in love with it. One out of two ain’t bad, eh?

I’ve also had a set of La Bella 760F-MUS strings fitted, however these were cut slightly short (not by me!) and, as a result, the open A string rattles in the nut when played with a pick. This wasn’t an issue with the strings that were on it previously, so I would expect a couple of extra winds around the tuning peg would have done the trick.

IMG_1997.thumb.jpeg.ecead4d60a9a4c332cc2e2f776dbbe11.jpegIMG_1994.thumb.jpeg.c28f0fe38540d2d26ac2bd72708cb430.jpegIMG_1996.thumb.jpeg.244b23225738d116042276832331c2b5.jpegIMG_1995.thumb.jpeg.14e97e138d4acf78366e85ca7a8dbbe7.jpegIMG_1998.thumb.jpeg.7d89b7129c3db6b9cf286c9e4971693a.jpeg

(Photos taken pre-upgrades but I will take some more up-to-date ones this week.)

Collection from Haywards Heath, West Sussex preferred but I’m always happy to meet at a service station or similar within a reasonable distance.

I’d like a straight sale but would entertain trades involving a nice Precision of some sort (American Standard, American Professional I/II, Nate Mendel etc).

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions just give me a shout.

Edited by JoeS
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • JoeS changed the title to *PRICE DROP* Fender JMJ Mustang (Daphne Blue w/ Hipshot Ultralites)