Why become a member? ×

MarkBass cheap yellow P/J/Bronco

andruca

Posted (edited)

Has anyone seen this?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7RFSw6tdv0/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I've even found them available for late this month for 299€, all 3 models, this is the P bass...

https://alfasoni.com/bajos-p-de-4-cuerdas/markbass-mb-yellow-pb-113625.html

Just when I was about to pull the trigger on a CV '70s P bass. If the pickup on this sounds as agressive as the ones in my Gloxy GV5 and the neck as thin (front to back, specs explicitly state it's wider, nothing about thickness) I'd definitely reconsider. Guess I'll be waiting for the demos and reviews to start showing up on YouTube before deciding.

Edited by andruca

I do like the colour.  You don't really see many basses in butterscotch blonde, unlike Telecasters of course.  

You did comment on your 'Gloxy' that the top row of knobs got in the way of your hand sometimes, at least with the passive basses, this shouldn't be a concern.

I wonder why MarkBass are trying to capture a position in the pretty full budget F shaped object market?  I doubt whether Harley Benton or Squier are too worried.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like the look of the shorty, but the colour... not so much (it's the only colour it comes in). It's about 1.5x the price of the Squier Sonic Bronco, I wonder how it will compare :)

DSC09221M-scaled.jpg

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Oh, BTW, I got the chance to play one of the yellow P basses at a Guitar Center in Las Vegas in late June. It was OK, thin neck, light, overall nice. Wasn't in love with the tone, average, but it wouldn't be fair to judge that too harshly as the strings it had on were quite dead. Still, I think it lacks a more barking midrange character. I in fact ended up getting a mint 2nd hand (2021, MII) Squier CV '70s P once I got back to Spain. That's the type of mids I like in a Precision, the punkest kind 🤣

Still totally in love with my Gloxy 5 string ❤️

Edited by andruca

9 hours ago, OliverBlackman said:

Because most customers have eyesight 

I stand corrected.

They do!

So the question is, where are  the lemon yellow MBs in the photo being sold?

Screenshot_20240907_130343_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk

On 07/09/2024 at 10:35, Schnozzalee said:

There's a music shop in Worcester that sells MarkBass by the train station. 

That's a new one on me, I thought it was "sells them by the bucket load'?

I'll get my coat.

Edited by Mokl