Why become a member? ×

Easy peasy beatmaker synthy type software?

operative451

Hi! Like it says up there, any recommendations on a really easy to use (like, REALLY easy) simple and free or cheap program i can use to lay down some drum patterns, drop in samples and make synthy noises? I used to use an ancient version of fl studio but i've actually forgotten how..! I've used Reaper for recording but not for ages, and i've seen a guy making drum patterns and synth tracks with it, is that doable?

I used to be quite techie but have switched career and have had a few nasty bangs on the head since and my tech skills have dropped through the floor! Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks! :3

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, operative451 said:

Hi! Like it says up there, any recommendations on a really easy to use (like, REALLY easy) simple and free or cheap program i can use to lay down some drum patterns, drop in samples and make synthy noises? I used to use an ancient version of fl studio but i've actually forgotten how..! I've used Reaper for recording but not for ages, and i've seen a guy making drum patterns and synth tracks with it, is that doable?

I used to be quite techie but have switched career and have had a few nasty bangs on the head since and my tech skills have dropped through the floor! Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks! :3

There are probably others but maybe give 'Waveform'  by Traction a go.

The free version comes with a couple of free Synths, FXs and a Drum Sampler, so need to download any other free Instruments and FX while you getting started.

Links:

Waveform Free

There are plenty of free tutorial videos to get you up and running on their website as well.

Tutorial videos | Tracktion

This is what you get with the free version.

Edited by lowdown
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...