Why become a member? ×

SOLD Thank you USA Jazz Bass - 'Longhorn'

The Bass Doc

Standard Jazz - Serial E 95156 which as I'm sure you know means it was built in 1895 - too early for Leo Fender himself but apparently he had an uncle who worked in a loft somewhere in Anaheim.

But seriously folks, this is the model Fender classed as the standard for a year or two before realising the more conventional
20 fret job should retain that title. This one carries 22 frets and is known as the 'longhorn' in some circles. In America it's nickname is the 'boner' but I can't think why - I mean it's not like it's anything to do with U2 at all.

The dating business is a bit strange since the body seems to be double stamped 1989 and 1991 - pots are dated '91 so it may have lain around awhile before being shipped.

It's up for sale at £450 to include the case - rectangular with moulded logo (not great condition but it's done it's job over the years).

Only one pic - you might just make out a slight pinky discolouration at the 'arm-over' area - previous owner wore a red shirt and some colour bled in.

Sale only please, no trades.

[attachment=25600:DCFC0003.JPG]

Edited by The Bass Doc